PDA

View Full Version : Doetsch-Tech shocks

LarryM
08-12-2002, 17:46
Anyone have recent experience with these? They used to be the hot setup around here a few years ago and I had them on a Blazer I owned for a while. Haven't heard much about them in the last few years.

The local shops have only got Doetsch and Rancho in stock and I'll never again put Ranchos on anything I own. So it's either the Doetsch or internet order Bilsteins and wait it out.

Thanks.

gardnerteam
08-12-2002, 17:57
I too used Doetsch (correct spelling?) Tech shocks in the 80's and they were an excellent shock. Rick (?) Doetsch worked at one time for Rancho or Rough Country, then left and designed and had built his own shocks which were warehoused in the San Diego area. Great off road take all you can give it shock - used extensively in Baja races. I tried to get a set three or four years ago, and couldn't find a supplier. In the 80's they were far more expensive than Bilsteins are now. Bilstein also has a dynomite warranty and are easily available.

stretch
08-13-2002, 03:32
I had Doetsch Tech shocks on a S10 Blazer a few years ago. They were a bit stiff for the truck (loosely speaking) but I would think on a heavier application such as our trucks, they would be great. Price - they were dirt cheap, I purchased mine from Summit Racing.
Personally, I would go with the Bilsteins, they are proven to be one of the best shocks out there. Doetsch may be good also but I'm not sure... smile.gif