PDA

View Full Version : LEAKING BATTERY ACID

Hoss
08-13-2002, 18:30
Pulled out of the drive this morning and noticed 2 white spots on the drive under the truck. Didn't think much about it till after work. Looked at the passenger side fenderwell and it was wet... with acid. Seems the passenger side battery has sprung a leak! Good ol AC/Delco parts! Gonna take it to the dealer for a new battery in the a.m. Suggest all check theirs for the same. I have talked with others locally that have had the same problem. Gonna have them check the charging system to see if it is overcharging. Just have to wait and see what all got damaged from the acid, I covered all the spots I could find with baking soda, hoping to save everything from further damage.

hoot
08-13-2002, 19:47
Delco batteries are known for leaking at the side terminal or going dead because of the poor terminal design.

Knowing they have a problem now for years and not redesigning it really makes me wonder about them.

Paintdude
08-13-2002, 20:26
Put a Intertate battery in it if you want guarenteed corrosion..

I have removed good Interstate batteries from customers trucks and replaced them with Delcos because of corrosion, more than once..