PDA

View Full Version : Dead radio and seat losing memory

Smoke chopper
01-15-2003, 22:15
Has anyone heard about the memory seat not retaining it's memory? Then today my radio quit, but like most things electric, it started working again just as soon as I took it in to the dealer. This only one day after seeing a "service 4X4" message, which I find out is simply a lack of communication on the network. So does anyone have a clue if these events are related? <I STILL LIKE MY 2003 HD D/A>

DMAX4LIFE
01-16-2003, 10:16
I do recall there being a Bulletin about the radio not working, but GM stated they do not have a fix yet but it is coming soon. Something about the amp will have to be re-programmed, but so far no fix. Mine has done it once as well. I do beleive that there is a new fix for the service 4WD, something about re-programming some module. I will search for the TSB's when I get a chance. Hope this helps. Guess we will have to sit tight and hope our radio's work for the time being.

jbplock
01-16-2003, 12:00
Smoke chopper,
Not sure if this is your problem, but the first day I got my truck the power seats with the Driver 1/2 memory feature stopped working. When I first picked it up it was set to automatically push the seat back when the key is turned off. I personally didn't like this setting and I turned it off, but shortly after the power seats/heaters quit. Turned out to be a loose connector under the seat. I reseated the connector and it hasn't happened again.
smile.gif

Mustfish
01-16-2003, 18:32
dmax4life,
My radio has also had some problems. My driver side speakers quit working from time to time and then just go back to working like nothing was wrong. Front and back speakers. The dealer can't find anything wrong because it won't mess up for them. Rough roads have no effect on the speakers so that rules out a loose connection. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Jim