PDA

View Full Version : WINDOWS ROLLING DOWN SLOW

PEANUTGRWR
01-16-2003, 19:32
HERE FOR ABOUT THE PAST 2 MONTHS MY ELEC WINDOWS ROLL DOWN SLOW. FOR ABOUT THE FIRST 3RD OF THE WAY DOWN THEY SEEM TO GO FINE THEN FOR THE MIDDLE THIRD THEY SEEM TO GO REALLY SLOW ALMOST COMING TO A COMPLETE STOP, THEN THEY GO BACK TO NORMAL FOR THE REST OF THE WAY DOWN. DO ANY OF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM OR HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT IS UP?????? :confused:

403turbo
01-16-2003, 19:49
I have an 01 and have once in a while had this trouble, but it is more pronounced when putting the windows up.

There is a 99 2500 in the family that is much worse than mine, they almost come to a stop about half way up!

Its not just yours.

FirstDiesel
01-16-2003, 20:01
Not on my DMAX but on my sportcars this is lack of lube in the window area. 2 points usually need to be lubed. The rubber stripping the window runs up and down in can be lubed with some silicone spray. Just run the tube from a spray can up and down the rubber channel and spray some silicone in there. Then run the window up and down a few times. If this doesn't work the actually mechanisim that moves the window should be lube with some type of lightweight grease. I use white lithium in a spray can and spray it on the tracks. Unfortunately you have to take the door apart to do this so try the silicone first.

mdrag
01-16-2003, 21:42
HEY PEANUT,

I'd try what FirstDiesel suggested. Also, you may want to check both of your batteries to insure they are OK.

Please let us know what you find out.

BTW, if you remain stumped, check ou this topic for another possible explanation ;)

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004161&p=

First the throttle, now the windows... :D Sorry, I couldn't resist this one :eek:

PEANUTGRWR
01-16-2003, 22:42
HEY THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT GUYS. ILL TRY THE LUBE. NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE EXTRA LUBE WHEN YOU NEED IT :D MDRAG smile.gif THE REASON THE WINDOWS DONT ROLL DOWN PROPERLY SURE ISNT BECAUSE I HAVE EVER HAD MY DOORS BLOWN OFF ;) CATCH ME IF YOU CAN "OTHER BRAND BOYS" LMAO AND BEING 6'8" I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM MASHING THE GO PEDDLE WITH THE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK EITHER tongue.gif

schnier
01-17-2003, 06:13
One of the best lubes for window trim is to shave a bar of soap into a V shape and run it up and down the trim when the window is down. This relates to the same principle as zippers. Soap works great on them also. Just an old remedy. I do this on my old woods truck where the mud cakes every thing up. Hope it helps.

PEANUTGRWR
01-17-2003, 21:38
HEY THANKS FOR THE HINT. HOW ARE THE FLARES DOING. MINE ARE GREAT-------CANNT BEAT A LIL LUBE AND A SHAVED PIECE OF........... SOAP :cool: THAT SOUNDS LIKE CURE TO ME. ILL TRY IT. I JUST WONDER IF MY WINDOW TRACKS IN THE DOOR HAVE MUD AND GRIME IN THEM ;)

[ 01-17-2003: Message edited by: PEANUTGRWR ]</p>

Trippin
01-17-2003, 21:55
I had a similar problem in my 99 2500 at about 35,000 miles. First the driver's then some time later the passenger's side. In my case the dealer replaced the window motor regulator (under warranty) and everything was great. Hope this helps!

Kent Tuttle
01-21-2003, 11:18
I also had the driver side window regulator done recently, (under warranty) due to the window slowing at the top of its travel.

bearman
01-21-2003, 21:54
I put my new mirrors on and the windows were very slow to role up. I had to shim up mirrors with washers to make them work properly.
Cheers
Bear

Skinny Blinky
01-22-2003, 09:37
My passenger side is very slow since it was about six months old. Putting a bandaid on it is ok for now, but I think it may need a new regulator??

Southard
01-22-2003, 21:21
I lubricated the tracks and the cables with ATF to speed my windows up. You have to pull the door panels and then pull loose the plastic liner that is stuck to the door. If you are careful you will not damage the liner at all. I used enough ATF that it streaked the windows for a while but after a few cleanings they started remaining clean. The windows have worked fine ever since and that was about 6 months ago. Do not use any type of oil on the upper window track.