PDA

View Full Version : Dead seat, radio, TCCM - Update!!!

Smoke chopper
01-16-2003, 19:41
Ok here's what I found out today. On the service 4x4 message: The earlier post I read is correct, there is a service bulletin for this. The TCM quits talking to the TCCM which then throws a code. My dealer put in a new (T)ransfer (C)ase (C)control (M)odule and says that fixed it. My second issue was the radio and the reply to my earlier message is also correct. The engineers are working on a fix, but as yet they don't know what to do. They describe it as the radio (or amp) needing to be re-programmed (software issue??) and a fix is coming soon. My third issue is the seat. Sometimes when I push the memory button the seat will go all the way forwards and squeeze my knees into the dash. They say its a bad seat/memory control module and the parts are on order. All this in three days?!?!? I'm getting to know my service rep on a first name basis. Zak is friendly enough, I'd just rather not see him everyday... LOL. I wonder if my truck would sit up and take notice if I "threatened" it with a Toyota brochure in the glove box??? :D

SoCalDMAX
01-16-2003, 21:24
"I wonder if my truck would sit up and take notice if I "threatened" it with a Toyota brochure in the glove box??? :D "

No, the glovebox would lock itself and you'd never see the brochure again... ;)

Regards, Steve

mackin
01-17-2003, 05:32
Smoke chopper

The squash your knees into the dash board is factory set button 1 perhaps 2 also,never checked.....My 01 will do the exact thing...I left it that way, position easy to retrieve lost pocket junk and gain access to the back seating....I set position 2 for my liking......Perhaps you all ready were aware of this,if so disregard.....

MAC

TraceF
01-17-2003, 07:26
SoCalDMAX-

I don't think the Toy brochure will bother the truck much. It'll probably just think you'll wanna carry one home- on the DMax's back!

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME WITH YOUR TOYOTA! YOU WILL SQUASH IT.

:D