PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock shocks Free maybe

moisheh
08-16-2002, 13:41
I am in need of new shocks for my 01 3500 cc. Cant find Bilsteins in Canada. Scared of Ranchos (lots of warranty problems. Phoned Edelbrock. They do not make shocks for our vehicles. BUT if you live in So. Cal. and want a set of free shocks contact them They will use your vehicle to "tune" the shocks and add them to the production list. Sounds like a good deal.

HotShot
09-02-2002, 21:02
Hi Moisheh,

What kind of problems with the Ranchos? I am seriously considering the 9000 for my dually. The factory shocks are to stiff when I'm empty but insufficient when I have more than 4000 lbs on. The local 4x4 emporium swears by them.

JimWilson
09-03-2002, 11:48
I've used Rancho 9000's on my last 3 trucks (about 8 years worth of time). The shocks themselves are great, it's the adjuster knob that s$cks. The little dial freezes after a while, and in my case they wouldn't go past 3 on the dial (5 was max). I always was able to exchange them for a new shock under warranty, but taking them in and out is a PITA.

Rancho has a new shock out called the 9000x, which has a mind-boggling 9 possible settings. That's way overkill in my opinion; 5 was certainly enough (come on now, who could possibly tell the difference between setting 7 and 8?) But regardless, maybe they've finally come up with a new design for the dials -- one that actually lasts.

moisheh
09-03-2002, 19:48
I just installed Monroes on my 3500. Gave up waiting for the Ranchos or Bilsteins. My understanding from another forum is that the Rancho adjustment would freeze. As the other poster ststed : maybe the 9000x will have solved that problem. BTW: When I removed the old fronts they wrer OK, maybe a little stiff. As for the rears: They could have saved 50 cents by not installing any rear shocks. THEY SUCKED. No rebound, no compression. Useless. Shame on the General!

HotShot
09-16-2002, 01:10
Any idea if they were more or less reliable with the in cab control?