PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lights keep Blowing Fuses!

4meseb
08-16-2002, 16:17
I took my truck in 2 weeks ago for some warranty work.
One of the items I wanted them to look at was the Fog lights. I noticed they haven't been working for a while. I checked the fuses before I went in. They kept it overnight and said they found a fuse that was blown but it was on a Trailer Brake fuse. Well 2 weeks later and the Fog lights aren't working again. I tried to find the fuse they replaced and can't.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have a Prodigy Brake Controller but I can't imagine that is the culprit. I just don't want to take it back and them blame it on something that I did and then give me a nice fat bill.
Every once in a while when I first start the truck it makes a clicking noise several times behind the speedometer. Kind of like a solenoid clicking in and out.
I would appreciate any thoughts and insight.
Thanks, Scott

JimWilson
08-19-2002, 07:40
The solenoid sound you hear is most likely due to those inane automatic headlights turning themselves on and off. Mine does that too.

Losing the fog light fuse can only be caused by a few things, and if your truck has warranty left I'd let the dealer figure it out. A brake controller is wired to a factory plug, which is completely isolated from the fog light circuitry, so I can't see how they could even make that suggestion.

[ 08-19-2002: Message edited by: JimWilson ]</p>