PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for an addition to DP

sturgeon-phish
03-31-2004, 18:52
Several posts ask questions about "what is this" or "where is this"?. I was wondering if you would consider adding as a reference section, a series of photos, possibly interactive, where you have engine componets identified to help locate items when they are in question. I know for myself, this would be a BIG help.

john8662
03-31-2004, 19:25
Some members have taken it upon themselves to make out diagrams and take pictures while helping someone. I agree, a reference section to identify parts and where things are at would be helpfull. Also someone on here suggested making an anacronym list, so that people that are new would know what the heck was said when someone puts and anacronym in a sentence. Like FSD, anyone know what the results of composing that list were?

Journeydog
03-31-2004, 21:20
For a list of the acronyms go to the search feature above and type in: TDP Glossary

Voila!

MTTwister
04-01-2004, 09:30
Journeydog

Cool, but not Intuitive, ehh. Thanks

rjwest
04-01-2004, 14:59
Well, since we are on wish lists.
How about a seperate field in posts which
have a clasification. IE" FSD/PMD " "Inj Pump"
"80Le" etc, Than a search on that field will get all posts in that area.... So much data , hard to
find it all....

GARY PAGE
04-01-2004, 17:50
Not to say that something like you suggest would not be a big help, it would; but fact of the matter is doing it would take a great amount of effort. The GM service manuals would answer 90% of of your questions on identification and disassembly and assembly subjects. At first you may not thing so; but after you understand how to read them and use them there actually darn good and nothing is as good them for me personally. The complete set is going to cost something close to 200 bucks; but if you plan on working on you truck it

Barra
04-02-2004, 05:52
Check out the FAQ on http://brickboard.com/FAQ/700-900/ Something like this would be extremely useful for here. Yes, alot of work to put together, but extremely useful.

Barra