PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem ?????

Tudge
01-20-2003, 08:23
I am experiencing a problem since EGT and boost guages were installed last week - after installation the CTSY LP fuse in the underhood electrical center was blown - The Cargo Lamp On message was displayed on the information display on the dash - however it would go out every time the brake pedal was depressed.
Once the fuse was replaced this went away - however with the fuse in now the brake lamps stay on all the time (also the brake indicator on the back of the cab) I went back and removed the power wiring for the guages - connected to IGN0 and ILLUM and the problem still persists.
I have an appointment witht the stealer today - does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong????
I have a hard time believing that it is just a coincidence that something went south the same time the guages were installed.
I am sure the stealer will probably give me a bunch of crap about the guages and the exhaust - it is going to be a FINE Monday...

CPMac632
01-20-2003, 08:28
Mine blows the same fuse occasionally and acts like you stated but it will work for some time with a new fuse and my problem started 2 mo. after the gauge install. If you find out I would like to know. I have noticed some chaffed wires by the parking brake but I haven't been able to associate them with the blown fuse.

Tudge
01-20-2003, 08:42
CPMAC

Do your brake lights stay on once the fuse is replaced???

TSimpler
01-20-2003, 08:55
check and see if the drilled through the wiring loom when the put the gauges on the piller. ie drilled through the wires in the "A" piller. sounds funny but thats what happened to me. they drilled through the wires on the A piller to mount the gauge pod.

Thats were to start. The wires for the 3rd break light are there.

Then check where they cam through the fire wall. they might have used the boot for the wires that run through the fire wall.

but check behind the A piller first.

If you have any questions just email me and I can send you my number

Tsimpler@direcpc.com

Trent

Tudge
01-20-2003, 09:02
Trent,
Dumb question here?? - how do you get the A pillar off - does it just snap off or are there screws that have to be removed??

Thanks
T.J.

TSimpler
01-20-2003, 10:13
how did they attach it??

If they used the old cover and just hooked into it for mounting it should just snap off. pull the top out, then the bottom up.

If they didnt use your old piller mount then you will have to see if the drilled into the A piller

Trent

PS if the used the old piller, Like how mine was done. it is real easy to reattach, remove the metal clip from the top of the A piller and put it on the plastic piller FIRST, this will make reattaching much simpler

fell free to call with questions, email me and I will send my #. I will not post my number

Tudge
01-21-2003, 08:10
Trent,
Good Call - they hit the wiring harness behind the A pillar when drilling holes to mount the new guage pod. Everything is good again.

Thanks Again
T.J.