PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 3500 - Whats my truck worth ?

VANBC2500HDDA
08-19-2002, 11:07
Hi guys, I live in Vancouver, B.C. and I am trying to sell my truck and camper as I am going to buy a 3500 and a 5th wheel...

In the US market it would be worth how much ?

In the CDN market ?

Truck is LOADED LT Short Box Ext Cab Duramax 4x4 12,500 miles, Black, tan leather, RHINO spray in liner, Goodyear 285 MTR's

BigFoot Camper is LOADED, air conditioning, dual pane windows, both awnings, 3.6kw generator, and is an 8ft11 shortbox camper.

Picture can be found here
http://www.superchargedentertainment.com/truckandcamper.jpg

Thanks for your advice.

westies
08-20-2002, 19:35
Have new 03 on order and have been given a quote of 38000.00 US on truck as listed below with about the same mileage as yours. From past experience, the US want the long box and pay good for them. The SB is not really a premium truck and you may find it is better to trade here in Canada. Forget the liner and tires adding to the value as all trucks need tires and what is the liner hiding. The brokers pay premium for stock trucks. I have seen more money given for stock wheels than one with fancy mags. Truck below was quoted without the Putco bars and Lucerix mirrors and with them the price never changed. Bars and mirrors will fit new one so no problem. smile.gif

VANBC2500HDDA
08-21-2002, 10:49
Westies, would you be interested in selling your truck locally ? Or if you will trade in at a dealer which dealer ? as I may try to buy it from them. Sounds like a nice truck.

you can contact me at stephan at cytron dot com

ThumbScott
08-22-2002, 08:31
I don't know if this will help but go to KBB.com, kelly blue book.

I sold my 2500HD 4x4, Duramax Allsion GMC SLE with all the bells and whistles for 28,500. I had 30k miles on it (US). Felt I did ok. If I would of been in less of a hurry I would of got closer to 31K.

I changed up my beloved truck for a 3500 also for pulling a fiver as well. Check picture links.

BTW I sold to a friend of a friend. Dealer only wanted to give me 24K for mine. A real screw job. That extra 4,500 is better in my pocket then those crooks.

Best regards,

westies
08-25-2002, 08:15
VANBC2500HDDA ............ your email does not work. My present 3500 will go to dealer when new once comes in. New one is expected anytime after Sept 30. ;)

VANBC2500HDDA
08-26-2002, 10:32
Hi Westies, how much on trade in are they willing to give you ?

Onebigcanuck
08-26-2002, 10:52
I pick up my 2003 3500 SLT tomorrow, I traded my 2001, 2500HD and it is going to the US. When all the smoke cleared I got $ 40,000 Canadian towards the new one.

westies
08-26-2002, 21:44
As of last Saturday the quote was 34,900 US and change and this is comparable to US Kelly Blue Book. Dealer said the original quote has dropped due to 03 models now being established in the US. Not sure what that means but depending on final arrival price of new 03 it means I will not pay alot difference. Dealers differ in their methods. Some give you true wholesale cost against slightly discounted MSL and some discount the new truck alot and give you alot less for your trade. It really comes down to what the difference is gonna be. It also depends on the truck your trading. My last truck a 01 F**d 350 dually and last November was only getting 38000 CDN and that apparently was because it was a dually and no one wants a dually in the snow. Come Apr I got 43500 for it on trade from same dealer going to same broker. Absolute desired truck going to US is a one ton, diesel, extended cab or crew cab, long box and believe it or not, auto. They give premium for top of line, leather and the more toys the better. They hit you hard for lifted trucks, chips, exhaust brakes and any other add on that may not be considered functional. Popular colors and again believe it or not are white, silver, gold. black and variations of each. These brokers make big bucks on the trucks they move and are very knowledgeable on what trucks are moving. The faster they can get a truck and move it the more they make. I know of some cases they can make a couple grand with only three phone calls. One from the selling dealer, one to the buying dealer and one to the transport company to come and pick it up.............Like we should be so fortunate. :confused:

conradv
08-26-2002, 22:36
Man - seems that nobody keeps a truck anymore for more than two years... Do the D/A trucks really make it worth it to sell so quick to get the "new kid on the block"?

VANBC2500HDDA
08-27-2002, 10:47
Westies, how many KM on your truck ? what dealership ? I may try to trade my truck against yours.