PDA

View Full Version : Cab air filters are washable..

deerhunter7
08-19-2002, 08:02
The cab air filters are made of the same paper a hot tub filter is . Soak in a mixture of 50% water and 50% muratic acid . Rinse and since these are air filters wash with soap rinse and let
air dry .Did mine and clean as new . Keep one extra set and be ready when next change.
Yes I have more time than money... :D

pullinpower
08-19-2002, 10:14
Hmmm thanks for the tip deerhunter,I may do that to mine this afternoon,I thought that one of the filters was a charcoal filter of some sort?

pullinpower
08-20-2002, 11:08
Well I cleaned my filters yesterday and man you wouldnt beleive all the crap that came out of them,glad I checked'em.I sprayed alittle freebreeze on them and its back to new again. :D

DURASAM
08-21-2002, 18:40
How do you get the dang things out to clean them?

DmaxMaverick
08-21-2002, 18:58
DURASAM

Passenger side floor area below the glove box. Remove 3 screws to drop the cover (the far left screw it a real PITA). Remove 1 screw that holds on the filter cover/retainer. It is an "L" shaped cover about 1" wide. Slide out the elements. It's a good idea to cover the floor with a towel or something. When you pull the elements, all the stuff that has collected in the duct will fall out (leaves, dirt, bugs, etc.) Replace in reverse. I left out the far left screw after the second time and haven't noticed any vibrations or problems. Cheers

hoot
08-22-2002, 06:07
Does this cleaning leave any residue that the occupants might breath?

deerhunter7
08-22-2002, 08:10
Hoot as long as you rinse well after the acid soak
and wash and rinse well again plus let air dry completly no more than washing your clothes. My air to air exchange in my house also has washable filters . If one is worried you can use bleach and
soap but from cleaning hot tub filters the acid works 100% better.And if you still are not sure
buy new ones.. ;)

pullinpower
08-22-2002, 09:19
Thats what I done,used simple green and hot water,rinsed well and added a squirt of free breeze :D Good as new.