PDA

View Full Version : Cab Light wiring harness

Runaway
01-21-2003, 09:34
I didn't get my truck with cab lights (don't like the look), but the plan is to put 5 individual lights on top when it finally warms up. Is the wiring for the cab lights aready in place? Is it in the roof just waiting to be tapped into?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Rebel_Horseman
01-21-2003, 11:46
In my truck there was no wiring for the cab lights already in place. I did what you did this weekned and installed 5 individual lights (they are the square ones like what was on the old body style). All that was done was run a hot wire from each light down the driver's side a-pillar and spliced into the wiring harness somewhere. Simple install...the hardest part was mounting the lights. FYI get a SHARP drill bit because there's some hard steel reinforcing in the roof around the front edge. I love the way it looks now. Unfortunately, 2 of the lenses were cracked and one of the housings for the lightbulb had a problem which resulted in the bulb blowing and melting the holder. Also, the screws to mount the lights were just too short and stripped out easily. That problem was and will be corrected with stainless steel screws of a different size. I'm bringing it to the guy that installed them for me this week to get it fixed.

Reb [><]