PDA

View Full Version : A Cool High Idle Button

thechevyhdman
01-21-2003, 15:36
Mackin got me thinking of a cool switch for the high idle button. Seeing how "Martha Stewart" he is, it got me thinking of a black, clean, neat looking button. Walla, theres one right in front of my eyes. In our 2001 GMC theres a high idle button with the CAT 3126 engine. The button is square about say 3/4"X3/4" and on the button surround says HIGH IDLE. Its a two prong switch available from you local GM parts department. The cost is around $8.75. But before anyone goes out and buys it.....let me make sure it works. I ordered 3 of them. Bill
P.S. I dont have the part number but I can give you the VIN number to order it if you desire.

technician
01-21-2003, 17:06
Sounds like a winner.
We've got an 8500 dump w/3126 and I've seen the same switch dozens of times. Never gave it a second thought. Keep use posted on switch function I am getting ready to do the high idle modification to my 3500 chassis cab and like the all GM idea. :cool:

Chris

mackin
01-21-2003, 17:52
That's A good thing !!!!!! :eek:

Let me know when they arrive.......My names on one regardless....I like the push on push off button I got,but you know I got to see it,and have one .... We got to talk OD lock out next.... ;)

MAC

GMC-2002-Dmax
01-21-2003, 19:41
I CALL THE SECOND ONE :D :D

GMC ;)

hoot
01-21-2003, 21:36
Is the switch push on/push off or momentary?

tonkater
01-21-2003, 23:29
I wonder if one could use the fog light button and mount it next to air bag switch and just buff off the lettering ?

thechevyhdman
01-22-2003, 00:03
The switch is push on push off.....Im gonna rip out the one in the GMC and see what kind of connections etc it uses. I hope it works, Ill give a part number on friday when I get them. Yeah ok Tony you can have the 3rd one(free).... I was kinda hoping to keep as a spare in case I blew one up installing it, but no biggie.......Mackin you get yours for free......as long as you can give me some guidance putting it in. Oh yeah the part number needed to install wire into ECM The electrical connector. They can only be bought in sets of 5 so if anyone needs any let me know. Dont forget Mackin you cant get out of helping me by saying its cold out, I have a heated garage. tongue.gif

mackin
01-22-2003, 04:58
thechevyhdman

Nah no blow ups !!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

MAC :D :D :D

Mic
01-22-2003, 21:14
tonkater,

That's pretty much what I did.

Works good for the OD lock out as well.