PDA

View Full Version : brake recall

windjammer
09-01-2005, 06:57
I read an article in the local paper stating that GM was sending out letters to recall 800,000 SUV's and pickups for an ABS brake concern.
I have a problem with My 02 GMC Sierra when coming to a stop, it brakes normal, but then there is a quick release and grab feeling in the brakes. The vehicle actually moves forward during this "release/grab" action. I sure hope the recall is a solution for my problem.
windjammer
02 GMC Sierra 4x4

Andy Chesek
09-01-2005, 11:02
My girlfriend's '97 Tahoe used to do exactly what's been described as the reason for recall. The problem with her truck was fixed simply by cleaning the vehicle speed sensors.

oyazi
09-02-2005, 14:29
Originally posted by windjammer:
I read an article in the local paper stating that GM was sending out letters to recall 800,000 SUV's and pickups for an ABS brake concern.
I have a problem with My 02 GMC Sierra when coming to a stop, it brakes normal, but then there is a quick release and grab feeling in the brakes. The vehicle actually moves forward during this "release/grab" action. I sure hope the recall is a solution for my problem.
windjammer
02 GMC Sierra 4x4 My guess is if you are in TX you may SOL. Recall is regional. 11 ~ 13 NE states (can't recall as it didn't affect us in CA) & Canada(?) Salt country.