PDA

View Full Version : Hard 2nd to 1st shift

semo
08-20-2002, 16:26
Just started geting the hard shift that feels like you have been rear ended. I read sometime back about this. Can't find anything about this now. Can someone tell me what the fix is?

ram/tx
08-20-2002, 16:38
There is an update to the TCM and PCM that will take care of the problem. It is service bulletin number "02-07-30-020 Harsh or Delayed 2-1 Downshift, Neutral Feel at Stop, Shift Busyness." Just take it to your dealer and tell him to look up this service bulletin.

Idle_Chatter
08-20-2002, 19:54
I had the same lurching problem and just got the TCM reflash about a week and a half ago. It's a major improvement in all the trans operations! Shifts are firm and smooth. No more lurch and I have always had a habit of shifting my trans to neutral at stoplights so the engine doesn't continue working all that torque against the driveline and brakes while heating up the torque converter. With the reflash, the "pause" before engaging coming from neutral to drive is nearly negligible where it required me to "feather" the pedal before. Get the update! It's great! :D