PDA

View Full Version : GM outsells Ford AGAIN...

DaveRuane
01-05-2004, 15:35
Hey, you know how Ford always claims the "best selling Truck" category? Well the fact is that almost every year, it is GM that really owns the title! We all agree that Chevy & GMC are essentially the same truck. When you combine their sales they almost always exceed the sales of the equivalent Ford. Another great fact is that American manufacturers (GM, Ford and maybe Dodge) own 14 of the top 20 selling vehicles. Check out http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/040105/autos_table_1.html

Jorday
01-05-2004, 17:59
WTG GM!

DmaxMaverick
01-05-2004, 20:35
I hate to be the spoiler, but I don't see it as good news. Now, GM has no reason to make much needed improvements on the current products, as well as effecting the MSRP. I will own a GM in any case, so being in second place (according to advertising ploys) was the right place to be. Now it will be Ford aiming to please.

This probably has something to do with the somewhat moderate performance increase with the LLY powertrain. No need to oversell. (just my opinion, of course)

I don't own stock in GM, although I probably should.

HD-Nate
01-06-2004, 08:48
Dave, I dont have the figures in front of me but I have always heard that GM (Chevy/GMC combined) has outsold F*rd every year except for '95.