PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Murray the Cop
09-23-2003, 12:03
I installed a Quad performance tuner 135 hp setting and am having some tranny issues. The shifting is very inconsistant and the truck codes at high end excelleration (0700 code).This is my first diesel and don't know much about them so any help is much appreciated. Any opinions on the quad monster monitor?I have one of these ready to install but am not sure about the single read out and button to switch between readings.

DinoMax
09-23-2003, 12:33
Murray, my guess is your tranny is trying to "learn" to shift w/ the new found power. I had the same problem w/ my Predator. Once it gets used to the power, it should shift fine. Try running the lower HP settings first, and work your way up. Made a big difference for me. I do have the monster monitor gauge, but it is not a single readout. I get all 3 readings at once (oil temp, pyro, boost pressure). The button is not to switch between readings, but to pre-set your desired EGT limit (anywhere from 900 to 1500 degrees IIRC). If you want to see pic's of the monster monitor mounted in my O/H console, click on the link in my sig., and go to photo albums. Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

Murray the Cop
09-23-2003, 14:55
Thanks. My mistake. The guage is a triple read and the button is for alarm settings. I recieved the box with no paper work and had no clue. Now to try an install.

DinoMax
09-23-2003, 15:26
Murray, I too got no install instructions from Quadzilla for the gauge. There is a lot of great install instructions & pic's here on the Diesel Page. Just do a search about gauge installs & you will be home free. Also, you will need some extras to finish the job that do not come w/ the gauge. I cant remember what thread I posted what you will need, but if you do search w/ my member # (10096), it should come up. Let me know if you can't find it, or need any more help. Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

DinoMax
09-23-2003, 15:31
Murray, I found the post where I listed the extra parts you will need to complete the install :cool: It's at: http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006663#000001 If the link does not work, check"Question for DinoMax" posted on 09-02-2003
Hope this helps, DinoMax :D :D

Murray the Cop
09-24-2003, 04:32
Dinomax,I read the post on the extra parts needed and will go to pick up the T fitting today.I am using the pillar mount and it looks like the T is all I'll need. You mentioned oil temp. Are you refering to actuall engine oil or tranny? I have a stock tranny temp guage in the truck and was thinking about just using the new guage for boost and exuast or tapping into the stock sensor for the tranny. What do you think? This is my first diesel and I am not familiar with them at all. The hose you refer to (wastegate),is this the hose to tap with the T fitting? If so where is it? Is there a somewhere I can get detailed pictures, like the one you have on your website of the exaust? Thanks

DinoMax
09-24-2003, 08:24
Murray, the gauge is already set up to read actual OIL TEMP. The fitting/sending unit that comes w/ the gauge will thread right into the housing where your oil filter is. There is a plug in the housing (already tapped from factory). Just remove the plug and screw in the one that came w/ the gauge. You can see a pic at: http://www.pbase.com/image/1439126 A pic of the wastegate hose is on Mdrag's site: http://community.webshots.com/user/mdragosl Click on the pic that says running boards/mag-hytec/spa gauge, then go to page 2, and it is the last pic. You can click on it to enlarge, then just print it. Hope this helps smile.gif Let me know how the install goes. Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

jsa
09-24-2003, 17:31
Dinomax.
Pictures are great of the digital guages. the mounting plate for the overhead console, does that come with gauges or is that custom?

DinoMax
09-25-2003, 04:40
jsa, the gauge is mounted to the stock overhead console plate. It is just a blank plate that will snap in & out. Pop it out, and it can be trimmed any way you like, to fit any style gauge. DinoMax :D :D