PDA

View Full Version : 35's on but looks like some problems

Little_Wiley
04-25-2003, 20:57
Well folks, today has been good and bad. I

mackin
04-26-2003, 04:11
Lower the torsion bars and fabricate a body lift ...... Your only option as I see it .....

MAC

big dipper
04-26-2003, 06:22
I tried to speak with you about your combination before and never received a response.

If I remember correctly, you have wheels with 3 5/8 BS and if so, that is your problem. They need to be closer to 5 if at all possible. I have a friend with the same lift and 35's and he has no problem. He has the MT Alcoa with 5" bs. Torsion bars also still have some adjustment left.

George

BowTieDmax
04-26-2003, 21:56
Get used to the idler arm / pittman arms going bad. Thats a common problem with the lifting chevys IFS"s. And it will get worse the more you offset the tire out. But they sure do look good lifted !! So heck with the little problems. I used just make sure I bought lifetime warranty arms.
Paul :D

Little_Wiley
04-27-2003, 06:09
Big Dipper,

The wheels are 4 5/8 BS but are 8" wide. I suspect that they would fit if I were running 10" but I can't pop for four new Weld wheels just to run the bigger tires. I'll keep the wheels I have and just drop to 305/70R16.

Paul,

I wish I could find a lifetime warranty part for the HD.

Carlie

PBR
05-01-2003, 13:21
i don't know why you are having problems with rubbing with a 6" lift??? i have an '02 d/a 2wd with a 3" spindle on the front only with nothing done to the rear, running 315's and all i had to do was trim the plastic part on the front bumper a little and trim the inner fender plastic a little bit, but that's it... you may want to call the manufacter of the lift and see what they have to say. but you should not have to go back to 305's.

4x4TX
05-08-2003, 11:25
I have the same set up and I have never had any rubbing problems...i have 10's but also had 8's at one time...

a64pilot
05-08-2003, 13:19
Geez guy's,
I'm not trying to flame anyone but let me see if I understand this. You put a six inch lift on the truck and large tires and you want the Dealer to replace worn suspension/steering components under warranty? Do you really think they were defective and not worn because of the additional stress imposed by your mod's?

imported_
05-10-2003, 07:05
I don't think he is whining about the warrenty issues, just the rubbing issues. For what it is worth, a 02 HD should have the suspension and steering components to handle any size tire with a properly designed lift. The whole front end of these trucks are sub par. I have had many friends complain about loose steering, pitman arm failures, ball joints failures etc on stock trucks. Should GM cover the costs on a modified truck, to a point, I think they should. If he was running 12" of lift with 44" tires, well that's another story. But 35" tires are small on a truck this big.