PDA

View Full Version : Wooo Hooo! Ordered!

conradv
08-23-2002, 17:23
Just ordered my truck today:
2003 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT CC LB (Polo Green)

Don't have a TPW yet but....Must contain self....Must not scream and jump around....Must have another beer....

pullinpower
08-23-2002, 17:27
you'll love it,I like the interior and the radio upgrade.rode in a buddys 03 Z71 slt and love the new changes inside and the exterior isnt bad at all.

bbattrell
08-23-2002, 17:29
Thats great I hope you don't have to wait long.

conradv
08-23-2002, 17:31
pullinpower - that is one sweet bumper!!

I don't think I will have to wait too long. The last one that was ordered from my dealer took less than three months, & it was the first 2003 D/A ordered. My salesman buddy sold 8 D/A trucks last year and said that allocations won't be a problem. (small town of 5000 people)

[ 08-23-2002: Message edited by: conradv ]</p>

James S
08-23-2002, 21:21
Hey There,

That's great! That is what I am planning on getting. I am thinking of getting a black, CC long box, SLT. What do you think of that colour? What options did you get? I was going to get the SLT with the CD and cassette player with Bows eight speaker sound system. Do you know anything about that? Where are the speakers? Does it come with a sub? I am also planning on getting the Leer 122 canopy. With this do you think I need the new extendable camper mirrors, or would the standard ones give me a good enough view? i was finally going to complete the truck with Deezee stainless steel elite running boards and mud flaps, and finally Goodyear MTR, either, 265, or 285/75 R 16 tires. Would the 285 tires still allow me to have good acceleration and towing power? Thanks for this, and enjoy the truck. Be sure to let us know what kind of MPG you and all other 2003 DMAX owners are getting.

James

White Knight
08-24-2002, 18:39
James, you posted:
"I am also planning on getting the Leer 122 canopy. With this do you think I need the new extendable camper mirrors, or would the standard ones give me a good enough view?"

I have the ARE topper (cab high) and the standard mirrors are very adequate for seeing behind. With a camping trailer attached, it is a different story. My trailer is 8 1/2 ft. wide, so wider mirrors are a MUST.

Sam

conradv
08-26-2002, 21:54
Well, went in and checked out the 2003 GMC 2500HD trucks while working here in Portland Oregon (Weston GMC) - Took some pictures of their 8 2003 GMC's in stock and must say that GM's new Marine Blue (I think Chevy calls it Arrival Blue) is pretty impressive on a crew cab. The Polo Green is also pretty nice. Will post pictures when I get home. Boy those leather seats sure are nice....

p.s. - those round fog lights look bitchen - but the plastic blank-outs are hidious....

[ 08-26-2002: Message edited by: conradv ]</p>