PDA

View Full Version : 'Loose' front end

chrisinkanata
04-27-2003, 06:50
Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing a sense of 'loosness' from the front end. '02 D/A CC 2WD, 27000km. It just feels a bit loose to me when driving around town. No weird tire wear or anything and I haven't had time to crawl underneith yet to physically check things. It seems to be evident on bumpy roads, over curbs like into a driveway, mall lot etc. Kind of a kick back in the steering wheel. It sort of reminds me of an old '80 Chev 1/2 I once had.

Any thoughts?

NEW2DMAX
04-27-2003, 07:09
Mine is the same way 2001 cc 4x4 shortbed I have had it in to be checked and they did a quick fix by injecting grease in the stering column. I don't think that did any good.. :confused:

MAXImiser
04-27-2003, 08:16
Hello, Mine is doing the same.Kinda has a creeping in the steering column.Especially noticeable when turning slowly.My "99 GMC had the same prob.The dealer had to replace a knuckle in the steering column.I need to get her in to see dmaxalliTech.(Sure is great to have an AWESOME GM Tech available at my dealership).I previously had the truck ("99) under warranty.So I'm not sure what to expect for $$$$. Hope this Helps....

dmaxalliTech
04-27-2003, 12:53
MAXI, give me a call and lets set it up! This week is bad but next week should work ok. You know your 'ol budy Dmax is gonna find a way to get it covered. I think you might still have some time left on your Certified Used vehicle warrenty. :D

dave p
04-27-2003, 19:12
i had loose steering from day 1. i got the steering rattle fix, even though it did not rattle, and the steering is much tighter. they put in a new bearing in the steering box. use the search and look under steering rattle, and you will find it. dave p :cool: :cool: