PDA

View Full Version : 03 Towing mirrors on 02's

Tractorhauler
08-24-2002, 08:02
Has anyone looked into putting the 03 towing mirror(non electric) onto the 02 joke of a mirror?

My dealer says that they will fit so I ordered a pair to check it out.

Mark

Bobcat698
08-24-2002, 09:21
Does anyone have a picture of the mirror I could see?

Our new truck is coming with them but I don't know what they look like.

I can't find it on Chevy's web site.

Thanks

GS

Maverick
08-24-2002, 21:27
They are supossed to look exactly like the wabble prone Power vision mirror with the stupid looking accordian rubber boot.

westies
08-25-2002, 07:57
At dealer yesterday and checked out a pair. They will fit the 02 but wiring harness is different. They look exactly like the Power Vision. Think the rubber tube is the weakest link. Will stick with the Lucerix. For those with the Lucerix mirrors, Lucerix is working on a patch cord that will allow their mirrors to work on the 03. I think the 03 mirrors do not extend out far enough to clear a wide body RV and the glass is very small. smile.gif

moisheh
08-25-2002, 11:50
What is wrong with the General. They need to hire an engineer to design some proper mirrors. I still havent forgiven them for the loustb towing mirors on my 01. Now they have taken a step backwards with this rubber booted toy. Dont thye know that most Dmax owners tow stuff??? I will stick with my Lucerix. Not perfect, but an improvement over oem.

BigO
08-28-2002, 11:03
Just got off the phone of the manufacturer that makes the aftermarket towing mirrors. He informed me that the 02 will mount on with the 03 but there are two wiring harness that hook into the electric mirrors. Why you ask. GM was suppose to come out with a new super mirrror that was electric slide, shows your turn signal etc in the mirror for the 2003. Apparently that mirror won't be out till late 2003 or possible 2004. GM anticipated that the new mirrors would be ready and they are not. GM already tooled up for the new mirrors by placing the wiring harness in the trucks. This has caused a little confusion with the manufacture of the aftermarket mirrors.

Jelisfc
08-28-2002, 11:26
So what you're saying is the GM option book calling these mirrors power telescoping, heated, with integral turn signals isn't quite correct?

While were on the subject. Who makes the extendable mirrors for Dodge trucks and GM RV van chassis'? I've seen both with single large arms holding the mirror at the bottom. They look to be solid meaning not able to extend or retract. Haven't seen one stopped only on the road.

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: Jelisfc ]</p>

Milkman
08-28-2002, 22:56
For what it is worth, I was by the stealer today and noticed that they have '03 Dmax's in stock with both the trailer towing(extendable) and conventional mirrors, both with the new LED signal indicators on them. The only thing that ticks me off is that I am still waiting for my '03 and when I ordered it (June) this was not an option.
Always full of surprises!!
smile.gif smile.gif

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: Milkman ]</p>