PDA

View Full Version : CD Holder

Cowboy_120
04-28-2003, 15:24
I just got a quote from the dealer to fix the flip cover on my CD holder in my 01. They want 100 bucks for that flimsy plastic holder and the little spring! Has anybody else had this?
Also, I have the GM foling hard tonnea cover, and I had one of the sliding brackets to hold it down break. I would think that it would cost $5 at the most, maybe $10 from the dealer. But no.... I cant buy the bracket, I have to go spend $1200 bucks for a new cover. You have got to be kidding!

Desert Diesel
04-28-2003, 15:33
If I'm not mistaken your folding cover is made by fold-a-cover.
Here is a link to their parts list. You may find the part you need there.

http://www.foldacover.com/conspartsfind.html

Cowboy_120
04-28-2003, 16:46
Thanks for the info desert diesel. When I looked at the fold a cover, the rail system is different than the one I have. I have a call into them for tomorrow, so hopefully we will get something figured out.
Thanks again

crafty
04-29-2003, 06:20
Cowboy,

Give Van & Truck world a call. They sell a folding cover and they may be able to get parts. I know there is a dealer in Oshawa and London and I think Guelph has one too. Worth a try anyways.
I will be in your neck of the woods this summer (August) at the research farm for the World Plowing match. I'll watch for you on the road!Good Luck.
:D :D :D

johnpugh
04-29-2003, 07:07
Cowboy:

Your folding cover is indeed a Fold-A-Cover. When I was shopping for one, I called them. The reason why your rails are different than what they show is that they now sell the 'LS' models. Your truck probably came with the original model. Did you have to do any drilling for install? If so, you have the old style. I have the new clamp-on 'LS' style.

Later....

Cowboy_120
04-29-2003, 19:00
Crafty: Where is the research farm? I'm in Guelph now for school. I know there is the Arkel research station for swine, poultry, and bovine. Is that the one your thinking?

JMPDMAX: ya, some drilling had to be done, so i guess I have the old model. The new models sure look good, almost have me thinking to buy a new one except for the price. I will give them a call and see if they still have the parts for the older ones.

Thanks

crafty
04-30-2003, 05:51
Cowboy,

The full name of the Research farm is "the Elora Research Farm" and it is connected with the University. Many of the judges and competitors are staying in the residences for the week. This event only comes to Canada once every 25 years so it's a pretty big deal. Over 25 countries will be represented.
Good luck getting the cover repaired. :D :D :D

Cowboy_120
04-30-2003, 06:01
Ya, I have been to the Elora research station many times to do some cow reproductive work there. Really nice place. I may just go up and have a look. What is the date in August?

We are actually heading down to Kentucky this weekend for the Derby, and then I am haulin my 40' horse trailer 2 weeks later back to Kentucky for a horse show. We will see how the truck performs.

crafty
05-01-2003, 06:29
I'll be there August 22nd and 23rd and I'm staying at a B & B just west of Cambridge. If the price is right, I hope to buy a plow while I'm there too.
Have a safe trip to Kentucky and Keep on Trucking! :D :D :D