PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake Problems

WayJo
08-26-2002, 08:52
On saturday morning I started my truck after it sat all night, pulled the parking brake release, but when I pushed on the gas pedal the the parking brake was hung up. I tried pulling on the cable, resetting and releasing the brake pedal, but could not get the brakes to release. I had to put it in drive and hit the gas to make the brake release. When it did I heard a loud thump. The brake is working fine now but my daytime driving lights do not come on when I release the parking brake. Anyone have any ideas?

WayJo
08-26-2002, 08:57
Forgot to say its a 1996 6.5HD 3/4 ton ext.cab 8' bed.

Kennedy
08-26-2002, 11:02
DRLs only come on when transmission is in gear.

Jelisfc
08-26-2002, 12:59
My DRL's shut off when the parking brake is applied. Your brake pedal is probably hanging low enough the turn the DRL's off. Try pulling up on the pedal. This is why I never use the parking brake.

NickLeinonen
08-26-2002, 16:44
if you always use your parking brake, it should never hang up. people that usually have problems with it are only using it every so often. i use mine every time i park. the only time i do not use it is when i am servicing the rear brakes.

WayJo
08-28-2002, 05:01
I use my parking brake all the time, Im going to tear everything apart this weekend and see if I can find out why its hanging up.