PDA

View Full Version : Electronicly increasing injector pressure

HANK1948
04-01-2004, 18:19
my buddy at work has a buddy that builds these control boxes for the 7.3 PS it increases the injector (pressure and or pulse) iam not quite sure, but he installs it on the pump, splices some wires on the pump and then uses a multi position switch to dial it up or down. also he says it does not trip the computer (it doesnt no its there). Some guys at work have this in there Fords and they can notice a difference in performance. So I was wondering our pumps are all electronic so why couldnt this be done?

charliepeterson
04-01-2004, 19:59
The programming on your truck is pretty good for fuel delivery. WOT is 80mm (cubed)
When we change the trucks to juice them up we generally go with high flow injectors and change the timing along with other things (ie. exhaust, intecooler, boost and engine cooling).

moondoggie
04-02-2004, 09:00
Good Day!

The only way (I think) you can increase injection pressure with a 6.2 or 6.5 of any vintage is to replace the injectors. They are designed to pop open at a specific pressure. No electronic changes will change this.

There are many ways to increase the max. fuel delivery, as mentioned above. They virtually always mean changing the EPROM (≤ 1995 trucks) or re-flashing the 'puter (≥ 1996 trucks).

I'm way out past my real level of knowledge about these items, but I'm comfortable the experts will chime in if I'm misleading you by too much.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044