PDA

View Full Version : NSBU switch toast... I need the TSB # for my dealer

farmerdan
04-30-2003, 08:14
Hey Guys

I need some quick help!

My dealer is working on my truck tbis morning and they are having a problem noticing the SES light on the dash and the fact that the allison is only in 3rd gear all the time. They are going thru their preprogrammed book of complaints and can't find my problem. I found alot of you here have had the identical problem with your NSBU switch.

Does any one know the TSB and the part number for that switch for a 02 GMC 2500 8.1 alli so i can guide my dealer in the right direction?

I have to go in in a few hours to "Recreate the Problem" to the service guys. So the sooner the better on any responses.

Thanks All!

farmerdan
04-30-2003, 09:16
NEW UPDATE!

The dealership says the truck is operating fine and no codes popped up!!!!

I KNOW that the SES was on last night on my 45 mph journey to the dealership 50 miles away in third gear.

This isn't the first time that my truck has lost a code, ( or they couldn't find it ). Is there something wrong with the computer in keeping the codes too???

This truck makes me sound like I'm crying Wolf every time I walk into the service dept.

Silver Bullet
04-30-2003, 13:28
Here ya go farmer...

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=004742&p=

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=004749&p=

FYI...my SES cleared when I drove it in to the dealer to get it fixed. I went to Autozone to get the codes read before I lost 'em!

farmerdan
04-30-2003, 14:16
Thanks for the reply SB,

I thought that the computer was supposed to keep the codes in memory until the mechanic deleted them. Am I wrong? They couldn't find my codes for my "service 4wd" light earlier this spring either, so nothing was done to the 4x4 system...

I wish I had an Autozone closer. This stuff always happens at the most inconvient times!!! :mad:

Silver Bullet
04-30-2003, 22:20
I am not sure how long the codes should stay in memory. You can get a code reader pretty cheap on eBay...I don't remember what I searched on to find it, but they are out there. Most auto parts stores sell code readers too. I don't know if all readers will clear codes, so if you decide to get one you might want to look into that feature.