PDA

View Full Version : How to get the magnet out of the spin on??

Duramaxdiesel
01-26-2004, 18:07
I've drained out the ATF and took off the spin on. Is there a trick to get the magnet out of the used filter? Thanks :confused:

Duramaxdiesel
01-26-2004, 18:51
Oh you guys are too funny :D I just looked at BlueOx's pics and realized that I'm missing the magnet. I called GM who did the last tranny service and they said that they must've forgot to re-install it.
So, now what do I do? Can I install the filter without the magnet and pick one up tomorrow? I don't see how I would damage anything seeing that I've been driving 30000Kms like this. Thanks.

mdrag
01-26-2004, 22:17
Duramaxdiesel,

The Allison part number for the magnet is # 29535617 if the dealer doesn't offer to replace it. IIRC, the magnet should be less than $2 from an Allison dealer. I have an extra magnet stuck to the side of my tool box if the need ever arises ;)

Additional Allison part numbers here (http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=004143&p=).

Duramaxdiesel
01-26-2004, 23:07
Mike L, Mdrag,

Thanks for the tips and quick replys. I'll call Allison tomorrow and get that magnet. Having those part numbers are really handy. Thanks a bunch, and thanks for the offer Mdrag. smile.gif

dmaxalliTech
01-29-2004, 08:55
I read this topic and wondered what kind of question that is... understand now. LOL