PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Lift for 2wd

TexasMax
05-08-2003, 14:38
I told myself when I bought my Dmax that I would just leave it alone and work on my other 4x4s. I even bought a 2wd so that I wouldn't be tempted. That lasted about 2 months. Now I have the Juice on it and I want to lift it a little. I'm thinking around 3 to 4 inches so I can run 33s or so. Anyway I wanted to see what other people had done and if they had done it themselves. I have put on lifts on chevys, ferds, and dodges, even a jeep so I think I can do it. How is the ride and what did you pay for the kit?

Thanks

Dan

PBR
05-09-2003, 13:13
i have an '02 chevy hd d/a 2wd and i installed a "fabtech" spindle on the front of my truck. it lifted the front end up about 4 inches and that leveled off the truck perfectly. the best thing about the spindles is they don't change any suspension components, not even the shocks. it rides just like it did stock. the spindles run about $350-400 and they are super easy to install and they appear to be much more heavy duty than the stock spindles. you will need any alignment after the installation. i am running 315 goodyears and i had to trim a little of the bumper, but they recommend 285's. you will also have to replace the stock wheels, go with a wheel with a 4 1/2 backspace because anything with less(4") will stick out of the fender.

the other way to go is a "leveling kit", which replaces your torsion bar fingers and therefor brings the front end up about 3 inches. this kit runs about $100 but you do need a special tool to do the install. and with this option you can run the stock wheels and 285's. i can give you a number of a shop in so. cal. that sells this kit if you are interested, just send me an email.

i can also send you pics of my truck if you are interested in how a 2wd looks with a spindle lift.

ollie.
pbr803@attbi.com

TXDMAX
05-09-2003, 14:18
HEY OLLIE, send me some pics please. I'm in the mood!
Thanks

Blakeh_72@yahoo.com

TexasMax
05-09-2003, 15:55
I'd like to see some photos. email me at eldredge@ev1.net

Thanks!
Dan

PBR
05-09-2003, 17:04
i will take some pics this weekend and send them out asap.

afp
05-10-2003, 11:23
I have the leveling kit form Hill Country. it was easy to install. The kit was around $150 and includes two replacement torsion bar keys. You'll have to spend another $30 on a good 8" two-jaw gear puller--I got mine from Sears. I did have to have the front end realigned. I set mine to 2" above stock, so my truck now sits only 1" nose low. It made a huge difference when hunting last year--I didn't get the skid plates full od grass and mud like I did before I installed the kit. The rade is the same, but they say if you rasie it more than 2" with this kit the ride will get progressively rougher. This kit doesn't put any more load on the torsion bars, it just resets their "zero" point.

Their website: http://www.hill4wheeldrive.com/

Blaine