PDA

View Full Version : Low Beams Don't Work - Help!

chuntag95
02-25-2004, 18:49
Pulled into the parking garage at work today and the headlights came on like normal. A few seconds later, they went off. The parking lights and dash lights are still working. I have checked the fuses, unpluged my JK harness and plugged back in the OEM plugs. Still no low beams. Highs work just fine and so do the fogs. It has been raining the last several days, but ....... I need some of the Techno brilliance from you guys/gals around here!

mps007
02-26-2004, 04:05
I'm sure JK may have other suggestions -
The diode on my harness fried & the High beams wouldn't go out- I was fooling around with it and ended up bending one of the pins on the OEM harness, further complicating matters -
I removed the Diode , & got the High beams off Than I straightened the pins in the harness to get it all working again. Don't forget to make sure you didn't Fry the bulbs. Btw- My Xenarc HID upgrade lights(699.00)Won't fit my O4'(&the dealer ain't getting them)...Only about 8 months old.

BassinRVer
02-26-2004, 04:59
Chris,

Check the ground wires. Mine gorunded fine for 8 months then my right side started acting up. I chipped away the paint where I had the kit grounded and they started working fine. Also their are fuses under the hood and inside the cab for the headlights. Did you check both?

Kennedy
02-26-2004, 06:30
Since not feeding my harness, (indicated by non functioning lights when run on OEM harness) you'll have to look for the open or short. I believe someone recently had to change their light switch due to failure.

Could have been Son of A Gun???

chuntag95
02-26-2004, 09:53
:rolleyes: mps007 got it right. I blew both bulbs :confused: I have never seen two go at once like that. I have JK's harness back on and the OEM bulbs in for now and all works fine.

Anyone have a reason I would blow both bulbs at once? I wasn't out climbing Everast, I was going up a parking garage :(