PDA

View Full Version : What was the outcome?

heartbeatcanada
05-19-2003, 15:18
Not sure if i drank too much this weekend, but i swear there was a post on the Allison tranny upgrades. In fact i don't think i was drinkin when i was postin :confused: I see there was a bit of a meltdown, and the thread got fubard. Can anybody fill me in on the outcome or info. Thanks for the info, if there is info it would be greatly appreciated as i think i came to my senses and know who i am going to choose for the tranny upgrade, but curiosity has got the mest of me. :D Thanks :cool:

WhiteDuramax
05-20-2003, 19:45
There was a thread about the tranny mods, it is gone now since the forum problems the other day.

king D
05-20-2003, 20:03
i have ordered a bd tranny that is hopefully gonna be shipped here this week so hopefullt late next week i will have some news...jess

heartbeatcanada
05-20-2003, 20:19
King D

I will be anxiously waiting for your feedback, as i am leaning towards BD at this point. Later :cool:

AnTKoch
05-20-2003, 21:48
I have level 1 and 2 ATS, had a couple of initial problems that have been solved and only one more minor one that was a trial and error thing that we knew might have to be changed, but I am confident that I will be extremely happy as soon as that is changed. Also a new software version in the next couple of weeks should really make a difference. I have gone along for a ride in a couple of other trucks also that are very impressive with the same tranny mods. If you go with the ATS you won't be disappointed. As far as the reference I heard before about growing pains, I believe there won't be any more major ones. If you hang tight about another month there should be a much wider release of the Level II with excellant working software :D

heartbeatcanada
05-22-2003, 19:35
AnTKoch

I have a question for ya. Did you notice a drop in power with the truck after the tranny upgrade? What i mean is, i am worried that the new converter is going to be heavier and rob power from us with the performance mods we have at this time. I know the upgrade will allow endless upgrades and such, but i don't want that lagging feeling upon acceleration. I have driven my mod suppliers truck(ford) chipped, propane and tranny upgrade(converter and whatever else) and it seemed sluggish upon acceleration. It has lots of power, but doesn't have the authority to sit you back in the seat like my truck does now. I still want that instant acceleration, with the tranny upgrade and the mods i have right now. More mods to follow, but not until fall time, as the wallet has to get fat again. :D Thanks for any info, as this is pretty much my only concern at this time, and don't want to spend the $$$ and find out i have to live with it!! Later

AnTKoch
05-23-2003, 20:57
HeartBeatCanada

The torque convertor is the same size, it is just made of billet instead of steal and has three lock up plates ( forgive me for not remembering the correct terminolog ) My truck is MUCH faster and excelerates REALLY good, but I change my box from "Juice" to "competition TST Powermax at the very same time. So I guess to answer your question no drop in power, there was a gain in power, oh and the shiffing is really fast too. Also the way I understand it (Ford) doesn't stand a chance in the future between a common rail Duramax and the Allison transmission.

zip
05-25-2003, 13:53
AnTKoch, I've seen your threads on ATS.
The forum on the ATS site is really a good one.
Many thanks to Clint and the gang for the detailed info about the upgrades he's doing for our trucks. Hard to follow if you're not a gearhead, but still a great bunch of info. Are you an employee- or "just" an interested third party? Is he going to try to beat his 12.7sec run? Geez that's smokin. See ya.
zip

[ 05-25-2003: Message edited by: zip ]</p>

AnTKoch
05-27-2003, 21:13
zip
I am not a gearhead just a good listener, I had found ATS about a week before my torque convertor bolts came loose, so I had that fixed at the same time as I got the level 1 kit (2 birds with 1 stone) I don't work for them I am just lucky enough to live in the area and can stop by quite often. I stoped by just today and there was a guy in from Virginia to get some work done and that is not the first story I have heard like that, people come from all over and stay in there RVs or a motel and get work done. I have had my truck for 2 years now and love the extra power, and after riding in Clint's truck I just feel like getting the word out about ATS because I think they have a good product and they don't have the time to market themselves. I believe Clint will break each record with another this year because he will keep pushing the truck until it breaks, that is what he is trying to do! He has at least 1 extra engine and transmission for when he finally does. He wants to see what it's limits are. From what I have heard Dodge is champion for 1/4 mile and I hope he breaks it. :D

mackin
05-28-2003, 12:54
My outcome is waiting to see what Suncoast brings to the table ...

Mac :D :D :D

king D
05-29-2003, 19:01
mackin suncoast has released and seeing how bd still hasnt shipped mine i may just have to cruise down to destin gotta have a tranny before the diesel drags at the rock....jess :mad:

mackin
05-29-2003, 19:23
So I heard today also .....I was waiting for my "BUD" Sdaver to give me the scoop .... Maybe he will surprise me ..... :eek:

From what I can see, I reserve the right to change my mind, is the BD tranny's is a bit pricey and doesn't offer high enough HP guaranty .... Sorta like the lame warranty we got from GM on our Allison .... 3/36 on one of the worlds best auto's?? Lame unless Perhaps they knew what we will be up to once we received it .... ;)

ATS seems so far like it just maybe a bit hard-core .... It may just be a bit to harsh for everyday driving .... Guess we'll see .... Not to keen on a controller .... I don't mind a manual TC lock up switch ... I have a auto, you know "D" is for drive mash the peddle, I'm done, keep it simple .... Keeping a eye on the speed'o is a full time job for me anyway....

This is the way I see what ATS and BD offer till I'm told differently .....

So Suncoast if they don't come forward and speak I guess I'll have to call and get half of what they tell me screwed up and come back and give you guys false info .... ;)

Wish I could find a dam core ...... Steve'O got one cheap,with crate ??

I asked first ...... 5/29/03

Mac :D :eek: :D

[ 05-29-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

AnTKoch
05-29-2003, 20:45
Mackin
At least wait until ATS comes out with it's next upgrade, changes to Level 2, I believe all will be well at that point and not too harsh. I should be one of the first to get the changes, and have been told it will not be as harsh and more adjustable to specific needs (via the commander)It seems with the commander, it's a set it and forget it kind of thing so I wouldn't worry about taking your eyes off the speedometer ;)