PDA

View Full Version : Front suspension

Inspector
05-26-2003, 20:42
Folks:

I was just underneath my truck looking at the front end. I see two yellow rubber blocks that are attached to the to the frame. They seem to be riding hard against the lower "A" frames on both sides. Question: Are these supposed to be there? I was thinking that they were installed in the factory for shipping so as not to pull the suspension all the way down when tied down to a transport. Any Ideas. Would seem that there would be more travel in the suspension without them.
Denny

Diesel Dave
05-26-2003, 21:40
S T O P !!!!! Don't remove these blocks. They are a part of the suspension. They need to be there! They should have a bit of a gap between the lower arm & the block. ( 1/8" to 1/4" ) Sounds like your bars need to be cranked up. I have had mine done twice & now they seem to be retaining the required gap. Later.... :D :D

Inspector
05-26-2003, 21:50
Next question: Will adjusting the bars screw up the alignment? Anyone got the proceedure on how to go about it. I would suppose one wouldn't just start turning the screws.
Denny

Diesel Dave
05-26-2003, 22:09
No this should not effect the aliginment. but you should go back to the dealer as you are most likely under warranty & this is their problem yet & not yours. :D :D

Inspector
05-28-2003, 19:49
The dealer adjusted the front suspension today. Still in the shop for a trans leak. More on that later.
Denny

Inspector
05-29-2003, 10:46
See the link on allison seep.

Denny

Black Dog
05-29-2003, 10:50
Actually, at factory adjusted ride height, those bumpers are designed to be touching the A-arms, just like you describe.

GMCTRUCK
05-29-2003, 13:56
Since progression doesn't exist with torsion bars those yellow jounce bumpers are considered your overload springs. Kind of chinsy but, leave em, they're supposed to be there.

Inspector
05-29-2003, 17:16
I understand how they work and why they are there. These were riding hard so they got picked up a bit. I hope that that will give it a bit more suspension travel. Still in the shop for a tranny leak. Supposed to get it back in the Am.
Denny