PDA

View Full Version : Hot Seat

Murf
05-27-2003, 21:38
Seems we're always clicking on the seat heaters in the truck by accident when using the electric windows - any suggetions - guess I could experiment with pulling the fuse until winter but I suspect it probalby runs other items?

Thanks, Murf

DMAX Daddy
05-28-2003, 12:49
I have been debating making a flip up "safety" cover for my switches.

DmaxMaverick
05-28-2003, 18:12
The seat heaters have a connector under the seat. Just unplug until you need them again.

Murf
05-28-2003, 21:03
Thanks for the replies - the easiest fix looked to be disconnecting under the seat - until I looked!?! Got to be at least 8 or more electrical connections under there - new truck, wifes watching every move - can ya give me a clue which one it might be - likely to take me an afternoon figuring out which one by trial and error - thanks - Murf ;)

Burner
05-28-2003, 21:21
You know it would be really nice if they had a toggle switch on the forward part of the door. That way you could toggle it down for summer and up for winter. That would be soo nice. I would even settle for having a "master switch" via~ the DIC, just like the lights. ;) I guess we'll just haft'a wait.
At least you can "see" the dang things! My O'le 2001 PS had them "under" the seat! Every now and again I'd hit the little sucker. I could not tell when the seat turned off and had to "look" at it! It's really dangerous trying to "see" under your seat while driving!

Burner------> :D A

Ron Richardson
06-17-2003, 21:08
Soooo... what's the solution? Did you find which connector? Anyone know which fuse?

I hate having that seat heater come on when the trucks been sitting in the 100deg heat and all I wanted was to lower the window... !

Murf
06-17-2003, 21:15
Ron, never did find it out - guess if you've got lots of time, skill and inclination, you go under that seat and start unpluggin - I've got the 6 way electric and I know I'd screw it up - lots of rats nest under there to the untrained eye! Let me know if you figure it out! Murf

Ron Richardson
06-20-2003, 19:06
Ok, I looked under there and disconnected a couple cable but couldn't get the right one. I think disconnecting a fuse would be much easier. And of course, it's not obvious which fuse...

Anyone have a service manual who could scope out which use controls the seat heaters ?

Ron

DmaxMaverick
06-20-2003, 19:20
Just drop by a GM shop. They should be able to show you which wires are involved (make sure they look it up on the diagram). You should only need to disconnect 1 of them. If the wire is part of a more complex connector, you could snip it and install a connector. That would allow you to connect/disconnect when you feel the need.

I'm pretty sure that the fuse that powers it will also involve several other circuits, which may not yield a desireable result.

Good luck.