PDA

View Full Version : rear view mirror

kerry witherspoon
04-01-2002, 09:07
Noticed yesteday temp on rear view mirror at 30 celcieus and mirror very hot . temp has not been acurate since i picked truck up .anyone else have this problem. Otherwise love the truck,hauls ass.

bearman
04-01-2002, 09:40
kerry witherspoon
The winter front, if you have it on, will always make it read 3 to 4deg c higher. But 30 deg c, no way. I live 3 hrs from you and that thing is reading wrong, and mine never gets hot either. I would take it back and see what the dealer says. Good luck
Cheers
Bear

bmoeller
04-01-2002, 09:43
The temp sensor is behind the center of the grill.
If you use the grill cover it traps the engine heat and makes the reading of the outside temp high. It can be relocated to the driver side of the front of the truck and get outside air to read more accurately.

Alli-max
04-01-2002, 10:17
sounds like a bad sensor and / or mirror if it is reading those temps in Canada this time of year! Might want to call the dealer to set up an appointment. Go ahead and plan on 2 trips to the dealer... first one for the dealer to say "yep, its bad..we will order you one", and the second to install it. :rolleyes:

The mirror keeps a pretty good reading while running down the road. Not too good at a standstill. I was in Brownsville TX a few weeks ago, and the mirror said 98F while sitting in a blacktop parking lot for 10 minutes. Once I took off, it corrected to 84F within 10 minutes, which was closer to the actual temp.

Good luck!