PDA

View Full Version : Oil By-Pass,

hotdog
04-02-2002, 07:37
Is there anyone out there that has put on a oil by-pass system ? How is it done and will it do the needed cleaning of the oil ?

stillracing
04-02-2002, 07:50
Do a search of the forum for dual remote oil filters. You will find plenty of info.

I have installed the system, it's fairly easy. I had lot's of leaks in mine until I tightened everything. Good luck.

Joe Dawson
04-02-2002, 09:04
I have the Amsoil Dual Remote on my truck and the install was very easy. Where in Michigan do you live? I'm in Sterling Hts.

LanduytG
04-02-2002, 11:14
hotdog
I now have a bracket that makes it easier to install the Amsoil Dual remote bypass on any GM truck. It will clear the torsion bars and allow the filter system to be put any where on the inside of the frame rail.
Greg

Edmac
04-02-2002, 16:22
I installed the Amsoil DR filter on my truck. The instructions that come with the filter are pretty good. I made a bracket that fastens to the frame without the need of drilling holes. Made it out of 1/4 inch aluminum and has two clamps that hold to the frame. The bracket that comes with the system bolts to this. I've got it mounted about 4' in back of the OEM filter. Have about 1200 miles on it since the install without any problems.
Ed