PDA

View Full Version : Tire Rotation?

JB 2500HD CC
04-03-2002, 12:24
I'm new to this board...and I'm sure this questions as already been asked, so, On my 2002 CC, when should I rotate the tires for the first time? I have about 4200 miles on them now and thought about doing it around 5000 miles?

Thanks! smile.gif

Nels
04-03-2002, 12:48
You will get as many opinions on that as Carter has pills. My personal habit is to rotate every 6000 miles, because it fits into my maintenance routine so well. I change oil every 3000 miles, so I just rotate every other oil change. I just opened another can of worms there. I use dino oil and change it more often rather than using synthetics. Even with analysis & new filters, I can't stomach the thought of leaving oil in the pan as long as some do with the synthetics. Maybe I'm a bit of a dinosaur myself.

mdrag
04-03-2002, 14:57
Topic moved to 2500HD/3500 HD TRUCKS AND DRIVETRAIN forum.

MudNurI
04-03-2002, 18:57
I probably shouldnt even post this, BUT we have NOT rotated out tires yet. I know I know, they NEED it now, they are getting an annoying hmmmmmmm when slowing down. it's gone over the 20K mark, so maybe the next oil change we will. LOL I think because John hates these SLIPPERstones so much, he is going to leave them where they are so they get really annoying and I "okay" the purchase of the new tires he wants LOL...
Normally, when we like the tires, or are big bucks, like my 35's on the K5, they are rotated every other oil change, bout 6K miles.

Brandy