PDA

View Full Version : Allison Slow To Reverse

Gobbler
04-05-2002, 10:24
My Allison is slow to go into reverse on occasion. For example, I was driving along a rural paved road this morning and saw something in the back of a field that I wanted to check out. I applied the brakes, came to a stop (a complete stop) and shifted into reverse. It took about 3 seconds for the trans to shift. This has happened every time that I'm on the open road and I stop and shift. The truck has always been well warmed up on the few occasions that this has happened. Doesn't seem to happen when in a parking lot, etc. or at any time that the engine has not been reved. Is this normail for the Allison? Has anyone else had this problem?
I did a search but found no other treads on this topic.

sonofagun
04-05-2002, 11:46
Gobbler,

Sounds like a linkage or solinoid issue. I'd see the dealer. Torbo AL any thoughts?

Good luck,

Bob

sonofagun
04-05-2002, 11:48
IF I COULD USE THE EDIT BUTTON ************************************************** ************************************************** * I would fix the spelling of TURBO AL's moniker.

Bob

mark45678
04-06-2002, 16:34
have you replaced the spin on filter yet? I think this has something to do with how things react,after replaceing mine it seamed to shift in rev. quicker.. I do think its common to take 1~2 seconds befor she jumps in and moves backwards

Gobbler
04-07-2002, 05:55
In reply to Mark's question, I now have 12,000 on her and changed "spin-on" @ 5,000. Don't recall whether this slow-shift ever happened prior to filter change or not. I don't perform this maneuver very often.