PDA

View Full Version : When your truck is down- do they give you a new one?

MudNurI
04-07-2002, 06:26
My brother in law who owns a new cummings, happens to be out of comission, due to a back injury, so last week I had to pick up his truck after a computer reflash....They had given him a 2001 to use while his truck was being fixed..of course it wasnt a cummings, but it was still a truck.

When our truck is down, we don't get a "loaner" rig, of if we did, it would be a sh*t box to begin with...

Brother in law had problems with his allison, and he got a loaner, but not a truck.

what are you guys getting when your truck goes down?

I remember every time we had problems with our Cadi's, they'd give us keys to another Cadi..no question asked. just curious is all.

Brandy

mackin
04-07-2002, 07:24
Most likely not? ..... I think you'd have to kick up a good dust storm at most dealers to get one. Any time I have brought any one of my trucks in, in the past, given a low end French fries under the seat,cig butts in the ashtray hasn't had a cleaning since it rolled of the car carrier piece of turd...... Most dealers do not have trucks in their "free" GM loaner program... Although they should.......A long time ago one dealer in particular use to put big friggen door stickers on stating "THIS IS A FREE COURTESY CAR FROM SUCH AND SUCH DEALER " man was that tacky almost in embarrassing to drive. I never asked for one at that dealer when I seen that. That was before it was a GM thing. But a dealer incentive .......
MAC :D :D

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

bearman
04-07-2002, 11:18
I have always got a truck, and my 2001 was down a lot, loaner was always a Dmax except for once, they gave me an 8.1/Allison. Had one Dmax loaner for 3 weeks on holidays pulling my 5'er and boat.
Cheers
Bear

mackin
04-07-2002, 11:27
You people up in Canada get all the "goodies". Free T-shirts ,hats and now loaner trucks.........Drink and gamble at 18 not that I got to worry about that anymore. Dam , but now the bad news what did you pay for that gallon of Diesel fuel?Or that six of American brew'ski. Something has to be in our favor. LOL
MAC :D :D

bearman
04-07-2002, 12:54
mackin
Diesel runs about $1.45 US for a US Gal, or .599/lt Can. As for American beer, Have you ever tried our weak :D :D Canadian beers, come on up and I will introduce you to them :D :cool: ;)
Cheers
Bear

TXDMAX
04-07-2002, 15:38
Under the factory 36/36 if the vehicle has to stay overnight GM will give you a loaner you just have to ask for it. The dealers usually don't keep vehicles for loaners but use rental car companies w/ GM picking up the tab. Usually doesn't get you what you want but you can upgrade like everything else. I think in your warranty book it states this but I don't have it nearby.

PEANUTGRWR
04-07-2002, 22:27
MY TRUCK WAS IN THE SHOP NEARLY 25 DAYS AND I NEVER GOT A LOANER AT ALL. :confused:

MaxNouT
04-07-2002, 23:00
You will get a loaner,it's called a GEOmax.....

DSLPOWR
04-08-2002, 01:13
I'll agree with the GEO, when I had my Dually in for a repaint on the fenders (warranty) they gave me a brand new two door, metro. Talk about being cheap. Needless to say after they took one ook at me (I am tall) they sent it back and gave me a Z-71.

zsqure
04-08-2002, 20:58
When my truck was in for regular service they found a torn CV boot. They kept the truck overnight and fixed it the next morning. I was given a new (23 miles on it) Cadzilla Deville.... That little boat had some b@!!$. I have been dealing with the same service rep / dealership since they replaced the transmission in my mutation 18 or so years ago. Sometimes it pays to play the game and not let the game play you. :rolleyes:

Landscaper
04-09-2002, 19:26
I wish they would give me a truck. Mine is in to have the tranny pulled as it is leaking from the front of the tran. It was supposed to only take one day, so I dropped it off this morning as it was raining. I checked back at 4pm and they haven't even got the trans out yet. They punctured a tire putting it on the lift and to top it all off it will be tommorow afternoon before it's done. :eek: (I hope) They gave me a Saturn to drive today, I asked about a truck so I could work tommorow. They didn't have anything on the lot and Enterprise wouldn't rent them anything to tow with. And they wouldn't give me any money to rent a truck elswhere as they only rent with Enterprise. :mad: If it's not back by Thursday I'm going to have to rent a truck out of pocket so I can make a living. And I thought by buying a new truck I would avoid being without one. :rolleyes: Oh well the joys of life.

NutNbutGMC
04-09-2002, 19:35
Be sure and ask for a shoe-shine with the loaner....even if you ARE wearing sandals and socks.......M.A.A.....

:D :D tongue.gif tongue.gif :cool: :rolleyes:

Landscaper
04-11-2002, 19:25
Update: Big thanks to Ried McClurd at Walter Jackson in Ringold GA. I don't know what he did but he got me a rental truck to tow with. I am now driving a 98 ford 250 5.4v8. Now I know why I bought a Chevy.
The D-Max: The front seal is gone on the trans. "Might be a day, Might be a week" quoth the sevice writer. I want my D-Max back but at least I can work.