PDA

View Full Version : Getting old- you WONT believe this!

MudNurI
11-04-2002, 16:34
After being told the part was coming from 1.5 hours away yesterday- today john is told it's

"NATIONWIDE BACK ORDER"..

who cares about that- here's the kicker.

PSB goes on to tell John- there was some vandalism last night - John had heard it on the radio...john says yeah I heard...guy says..well, your truck was one of the customer vehicles that got Keyed.

WHAT???????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

YUP- you read that right, our truck was keyed- not just keyed GOUGED...DEEP key marks, all down both sides of the truck...it gets worse-

Guy says to John- you will have to call your insurance company- we have a sign up- not responsible etc... John says- WHOOOHOOO hold on...if you had replaced the part I asked for 10 days ago, it wouldn't have been there....make a long story short, we are awaiting their body guys estimate...before we call anyone..

MAN things can't get much worse!

I'm going to try to get up there this afternoon or tomorrow morning with the digi camera- and will put up some pics as soon as I get them...

not only did they damage vehicles- they stole an Escalade...found it about 2 miles down the road all dinged, dented etc... looks like they went wheelin with it!....

Brandy

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: MudNurI ]</p>

Chris N5CWM
11-04-2002, 20:19
It's a shame GMC and Chevrolet service departments
can't co-habitate on warranty claims and repairs.

Silly since the only main difference is minor
sheetmetal and emblems! :confused:

DieselDennis
11-05-2002, 10:37
Brandy,

I must say the luck you have is worse than anybody else I've ever heard. Just seems you ( or your truck) is always in the wrong place at the wrong time. My sincere condolences with your experiences.

SoCalDMAX
11-05-2002, 11:25
I'm sorry to hear of your bad luck! Isn't that incredible that they would try to weasel out of taking responsibility for the damage!

It could have been worse... someone coud have stolen it and left a PSD in it's place. ;)

Regards, Steve

Mike G.
11-05-2002, 12:40
Brandy...Hang tough...We have been battling with GM for almost 6 months on a much different issue but, I can tell you if they think they can bully you or BS you they will.... We have been told they can't do certain things and we've gone rounds with them...in the end they have agreed to perform...(will see).The damage should be their responsibility to repair since it was on their property and they took possession of the vehicle for repairs....If you don't get satisfaction with GM several people gave me these people to contact maybe they can help you...National Center for Dispute Settlement 1 800 215-6230. I have not used them (yet). Hope they can help or help you find someone that can...Mike G.

hdmax(mike)
11-05-2002, 14:59
Brandy;
I know the lemon law has been brought up, But isn`t there something about the amount of time it takes for a repair? Seems like I have read about it being, If they can not (Or will not) get your vehicle fixed within 30 days and you are without it. Then you may be able to force a buy back.

If I were you, I`d be looking into it.

Good luck!!

mackin
11-05-2002, 16:59
Brandy

What can one say......This is down right depressing stories just like this haunt me and keep me away from the dealers......You pay pay pay big dollars to have something and some punk comes and wrecks it ..... :mad: My most sincere sorry to you and your hubby......VT is not what it once was......

Unfortunately,
Can you blame the dealer ?? As much as we would like to not really......They have this open door policy on there lots to get people to window shop and service people to drop of their cars with a place to park......Should the jack A$$'S got your vehicle fixed sooner, most certainly.....But chit happens,unfortunately way to often in your case lately.....They could have done it all in your favor and this may of happened anway.....If it were up to me instead of beckoning to the Insurance industry (posting signs) they should have a fenced in area for customers vehicles......

What I have done in the past is request inside storage for my vehicle when they let me know it cannot be fixed.......I tell them my tool box is full of tools and I have no where else to put them or store them, you are on notice ......I follow with ,I thought it was going to be fixed that day for pick up,or I would have emptied it..... It has worked for me......Hint for the rest ......

I hope somehow it will be rectified in your favor and repaired but don't hold out for your friendly dealer to assist.....I will call my Allison dealer as I need a spare switch just in case( :rolleyes: )..... I'll see if they have stock and would be happy to fed-ex you one if interested.....

It's to bad people jump on the lemon law policy when really your truck isn't the LEMON just the dealers that you have to work with......Do I see a Ford in your future???? Just remember occasionally they have morons working there too, no brand discrimination !!!!!!

It has to get better.....

MAC

Paintdude
11-05-2002, 17:52
What a bummer.. :( that type of stuff is covered under comp on your policy..I would let your insurance company try to get the money from the dealer..they are your legal counsel on this issue..

Lemon law is 3 trys in 30 days..

Good luck on the repairs and remember you do not have to have the dealership fix it, you can have an independent shop do the work..

Stove
11-05-2002, 18:53
This is the case for indiana.

Garages must carry insurance for this type of incident. Called a garage policy I would get their insurance and hit them up. They will probably balk but I would bet you'll be covered.

I had a camaro at our local shop and it was hit in their lot. The lot is not adjoined to the business, and is not fenced. The car was hit in the lot (according to them) and I went off. I called their insurance and ended up filing in small claims court. The insurance company tried everything but ended up hand delivering a check, and apology, they had misread the policy, RIGHT.

They had possesion of the truck and have a duty of care to provide safe storage for it. They will tell you it is like parking at the store to get milk. Although similiar, you don't turn the keys over and expect service on the truck. Part of the service the shop provides is providing secure environment for the truck. They take the risk by not having it fenced in, or in covered storage.

Like I said this is true for indiana, hopefully where you are at. Did in mention that my wife is in insurance (do not hold that against me)

later and good luck.

Maverick
11-05-2002, 19:50
Brandy,
My dealer had 6 switches in stock last Sat when I bought mine. Tony Chev (907)373-8669

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

TBC
11-05-2002, 19:54
In a business law class, taught by an attorney, I took a few years back businesses, including parking garages, etc. can post all the signs they want to about not being liable and not responsibile, etc. but it does not relieve them of responsibility. They must provide reasonable security for your property in their possession. Contact your insurance company and let them settle it. That's one of the reasons you pay premiums.

Tom

chevmeister
11-05-2002, 21:43
MudNurI
Two letters
TV
Evening news sounds about right. Maybe invest in some signs for the truck so as long as it sits there they have an ad that says:
This truck has been broke for ?? days. We know whats wrong, we told the dealer they will not fix it correctly. It was badly damaged in this lot. This is how they care for a $40,000 truck. how will they treat your $20,000 car?
Do you want them to service your vehicle??
sorry for the a**nine idea but i had a dealer wreck our rv in late aug. I own two brand new bowties, will never buy another or go back there for service. Our rv was 14 years old and never as much as scratched by a tree branch. what are they ASE or AS* certified Technicians. What ever happened to mechanics????

ok so it sounds stupid, maybe the only way to deal with stupidity.

MudNurI
11-05-2002, 21:53
Okay here's the update-

John went down this afternoon to check out the damage...come to find out sometime between Friday and Today- they were vandalized- 5 vehicles- all customer cares- and also a Cadi Escalade was stolen- it was stolen on some sort of trailer/truck because the tire marks are on the ground......now i don't think the escalade dudes would waste their time keying 5 cars...but anway!...I'm pretty sure our truck was done monday night- as they marks are so big they would have noticed them yesterday.

Anyway, the truck has 4 marks all over the hood- 1 side to the other- (yup the guy was tall!)...they go down below the primer- and it was a wide item- like a flat screw driver...chipped up the paint on both edges...

The drivers side fender is pretty bad- just above the "fender well"...and also the driver's door. The rest of it just has little marks that probably can be buffed out..

John politiely explained to the dealer that he WOULD NOT pay for it...nor would his insurance..he had spoken to the salesman we work with and he said they have coverage for this type of thing....PSB said they would get it over to their body shop and get an estimate- John okayed the estimate but NOT the work.(they have the WORST body shop)...John told him to give him a call when he had the estimate...guy said okay.
NO PHONE call yet.

John then called our "regular" body shop and asked him to come down and do a estimate...what our plan is to do is to take the truck to our body shop, and pay the difference if any between the two estimates. They are big enough gouges where he is going to have to repaint the entire hood..not just spray over the marks...

On the NSBU- no luck yet, no word, nothing I think they are more concerned with the paint right now...

We did get a rental- we had to pay the $10 insurance..its a crappy little saturn..but the enterprise guy said tomorrow morning they Cadi CTS comes back in and JOhn can swap cars then..YEAH!!!

this is the FIRST loaner we have ever had!!

Tomorrow I will find out if they have the NSBU if not, I am calling the Allison dealer in VT (about 1 hour away) and see if they have 1 in stock...if they do, well you know the rest of the story!

Brandy

JimWilson
11-06-2002, 12:08
Brandy;

And again I find myself cringing when I see a post from you... :(

This almost seems like an episode of the Twilight Zone at this point. Everything that could go wrong has, and even some things that were completely beyond imagination have gone bad as well. An absolutely horrifying story for sure -- you have my deepest sympathy. I truly hope that somehow it works out for you...

MudNurI
11-06-2002, 14:10
Well, in a way things are looking up- John called and he did get the Cadi CTS that I wanted him to get...much better than the saturn thing! Still haven't heard from the dealership regarding either the estimate or the NSBU...but now that he has the Cadi, I can hold off! I did call the Allison Dealer in Rutland- and they have more than 1 NSBU- also the GMC dealership which just happens to be exactly across the street from our Chevy dealership has 2 in stock...weird that ours cant seem to get one!....I don't think they know John talked the enterprise guy into giving him the CTS...hehehehe dealer's paying for it tongue.gif tongue.gif
If they knew he had the CTS, they would have my truck fixed quicker than quick.

oh well- life goes on..one good thing, if our truck was working, we would have been over 50K..since it's been down for almost 3 weeks we're saving on our mileage!...

Brandy

mdrag
11-06-2002, 15:15
MudNurI,

Sorry to hear of your continued problems, I hope you get things back to normal soon.

I ordered the new part# NSBU switch with shield from my not so local Allison dealer in Wichita Falls TX on Friday - they did not have have it in stock, so the order was transferred to Dallas TX so they could ship my order complete - it arrived today, and it is the TAN NSBU switch descried in other posts.

I'll have to compare the old/new and get a few pics.

mdrag

Mike G.
11-06-2002, 16:23
Brandy...Don't hold your breath, just because you have a CTS for a rental....our 1997 suburban was in the service dept for 30 days for an electrical short that they some how could not find.... We too were given a cadillac to drive...they finally told us they had it resolved...we made the mistake and turned the rental in and low and behold as soon as we drove the stupid suburban off the lot it blew the fuses again.....That was when we decided we had had enough and traded it for the Excursion....The suburban had been in to the dealership a total of 80 days for service for the same problem....We pursued the lemon law but, unfortunately were given some bad information....(have learned alot since then)that's the reason for the trade....We are presently going thru the repurchase process on a 2002 duramax and it has been an absolute nightmare. We're going on 6 months of hasseling with them...Either way they are a pain to deal with....GOOD LUCK!!!!Mike G.

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

spctr13
11-07-2002, 12:28
Brandy !!

Maybe you should contact " Jumping Jim Jeffords " , he's going to have a lot of time on his hands . I guess that's what you get for letting all those idiots migrate from Mass..

On a more serious note sorry to hear of ALL your problems .

Mac

SoCalDMAX
11-07-2002, 12:49
WHEW!

I wouldn't settle for getting anything buffed out. There's enough damage on enough panels to warrant a complete paint job on their dime. The thin factory paint job needed replacing anyways. ;) They've got insurance and they write off the premium expense.

I also heard the same thing in bus. law class, whenever a co. takes possession of your vehicle whether to repair or simply park it, they've created a bailment, and are required to exercise due care in the storage of your vehicle. No amount of fine print releases them from that, but it probably does keep the frivolous and fraudulent suits down a bit.

At any rate, good to hear progress is being made. Keep us posted on how the CTS handles off-roading. ;)

Regards, Steve