PDA

View Full Version : 02 Visors Questions

DieselsRule
04-08-2002, 20:48
In my truck 02 GMC Crew Cab SLE, the visors do not have the lighted vanity mirrors on either side. Being a contact lense wearer, they are great to have. I noticed that they are in a Tahoe LT. Are they part of the Leather Package (ie SLT or for LT for Chevy)or non existant in the HD2500 series.

Thanks

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: DieselsRule ]</p>

NJDMAX
04-08-2002, 21:01
They don't put them in the pickups anymore.Mine is a 2002 GMC K3500 C/C with SLT trim and my wife is mad that this truck dosen't have them but,our last truck a 1996 GMC K3500 SLE trim did. JPCUSTOM sells a kit to add them if you want.You have to cut the headliner to install them.

PS.It's good to see more dmax's in our area. :D

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: NJDMAX ]</p>

jeb
04-09-2002, 10:49
Is there some contact info for JPCustom? Do the visors they sell have the pull out for blocking more sun, too?

DieselsRule
04-09-2002, 11:44
http://www.jpcustoms.com

Jason is great to deal with. I ordered something and it arrived quickly and was packed very well.

I might try to see if they fit from an Escalade first as a buddy of mine has one. Will see and let you know

sonofagun
04-09-2002, 15:09
DieselsRule,

I have Jason's visors on my truck. They are the Suburban models (two visors each side with mirrors and reostat lights on both sides). They went on easy, color match,etc. you have to cut a new hole for the inside visor post (and plug the old hole with a provided cap). Jason's kit is complete and the directions are first class. It would be hard to screw it up (including the cut).

Good luck,

Bob

DSLPOWR
04-09-2002, 20:20
You may want to check out the visors in the Avalanches, they are lighted and may bolt right on. ;) They also have a secondary flip out too.

mdrag
04-10-2002, 01:03
Son of a Gun,

"...It would be hard to screw it up (including the cut)."

Famous last words...Did you ever notice that I never really explained my odd colored headliner.....

sonofagun
04-10-2002, 08:15
MDRAG,

That is precicely why I went to Houston and had Jason do the installs for me!! Having seen him do the work I would be comfortable doing it myself now. The cut was made after measuring from the left edge at the window (toward the right) and from the window edge (toward the back)all measurements are provided in the kit. Jason then poked a SMALL hole in the headliner, made sure he was over the hole that is in the metal inner liner and then expanded the hole from there. You know all this but thought it might help those considering his kit.

I did notice the two tone no answer but figured you had good reason! Many manufacturers make two tone systems (my vette has black and tan seats) so mabye you were a DMAX text case. :D They probably knew you loved to modify your ride!

Regards,

Bob

mdrag
04-10-2002, 10:44
Son of a Gun,

Actually, the sunvisor kit from Jason is an easy install. I DID NOT mess up the headliner, just having a little fun.... :D ;) After measuring the first cut about 10 times per Jason's excellent directions, the 2nd hole was a snap.

The tan color in the new trucks is apparently one of many different shades GM uses. My kit was the first'tan' kit he sold for these trucks and Jason is working to get the correct shade of 'tan'. I sent him one of my original OEM cheapo visors to help the process along.

jeb
05-01-2002, 12:53
Just put these visors in my truck, too. They look and work awesome. It was indeed a pleasure working with Jason, too. That was a big sore spot for me coming from a 99 SLT suburban and finding those base level Kia sunvisors on a $42k truck.