PDA

View Full Version : ride height??

moisheh
04-11-2002, 15:43
I was changing my oil yesterday and when I crawled under to grease the lower joint I noticed that the front suspension yellow rubber snubber was right aganst the lower a frame. Mine is a c/c 3500. This was with no load. I loaded the camper today and it is still the same. My neighbor has a new 2500 HD and his is also touching. Is this normal?

odoh
04-11-2002, 17:06
I've noticed the same thing ~ and its been discussed several times on different boards w/several explainations. However, I for one remain unconvinced that its designed to be that way. It has been my 'OPINION' that the suspension could have been unloaded for shipment/transport to be readjusted by the receiving dealer as part of the dealer prep. Again, that just my own opinion as I've no real basis for it but it just doesn't seem right. When my truck comes, I plan on leveling it out a little bit and hopefully place a lil leeway between those components. But to ans your question, they're all the same way. ~ odoh

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

mark45678
04-12-2002, 13:23
every truck I have ever looked at rides on the yellow rubbers?I for one cranked 3/4 of a inch of lift into the bars. this gave me about 1/4 clear at the snubber and leveled the truck out . 3 full turns on the bars is all mine needed. It did make the ride slightly stiffer....

dunrdr
04-12-2002, 14:01
The yellow bumpers are designed to be part of the suspension springs. They should be close to touching, if not touching, the lower control arm. They are a foamed polyurethane, softer than the rubber ones you used to see on vehicles. They are also tunable, in that they can be soft on initial contact and get harder as the suspension gets close to full compression.

Trust me, they are supposed to be that way. Go through a big dip and you notice (or don't notice) the impact into the bump stops. Try taking them out and do the same thing, after you get your chipped teeth fixed, you'll realize they work well.

NutNbutGMC
04-12-2002, 15:17
Quote:
3 full turns on the bars is all mine needed. It did make the ride slightly stiffer....
__________________________________________________ _________________

Same here, and the Ms. likes the slightly stiffer ride. :D :D :D She said so, herself. tongue.gif

Lone Eagle
04-13-2002, 21:01
Sounds like someone is bragging. Later! Lone eagle tongue.gif