PDA

View Full Version : wife's 1st drag race

sacmandmax
11-07-2002, 18:47
i was talking to the wife yesterday while she was driving my baby and through her phone i could her a lot of thumping music.i asked what was all that noise and she said " some goofy lowered honda that sounds like a pack of bees", and they are reving there engine...it sounds funny she says.
i tell her to apply break pressure and rev motor to 2200rpm's and when the light turns green let it rip, mash pedal to floor.
the next thing i here is tires spinning and her laughing. they are behind me she says. how fast are you going 70 mph.they are about 3 car lenghts behind me.now how fast are you going she says 90. i tell her to slow down before she flys over the RR tracks. she slows down i here bean can go buy. then i here her say oh SH@T. what?
apparently this honda was so low that when they went over the RR tracks at 50 mph. the front spoiler ripped off and went under the car a tore off the bean can exhaust and made a large mess. she was going to stop but she was on her way to meet a new client.
now she wants me to drive the mommy van.
now what do i do? :( :( :( :(

Flyboy
11-07-2002, 19:05
Looks like it's time to get yourself another truck. You've lost that one!!

AKDmax
11-07-2002, 19:26
In the van you'll be able to go 100+.

sacmandmax
11-07-2002, 19:31
akdmax: i might be able to 100 mph. but i will be wearing a had and shades so nobody can see me

sacmandmax
11-07-2002, 19:32
if i am going to get stuck with a mommy mobile, then i am going to get a suburban

chevmeister
11-07-2002, 22:15
Tint the windows in the van or buy a Impala LS. Its the minivan that never was. It will pass 100 and it gets there fast. Limit 3 kids. :D

DmaxMaverick
11-07-2002, 23:19
Cool!!

Remote control drag racing. Great story.

mackey_62
11-08-2002, 06:24
Good story.

Too bad though, now those back tires have 2 people chewin em up.

Colorado Kid
11-08-2002, 09:42
Our "mommy van" just spent two weeks in the shop waiting for backorderred parts, so "Mommy" drove the big red truck and I drove the old one. She told me "I'm getting used to the size of this thing...if it had an automatic transmission you'd never get it back, but it's too hard to talk on the phone and shift."

Now I have Catch 22...I REALLY like my truck, and I REALLY don't like the Honda Oddity (even if it will go 125 MPH), but I also don't like the idea that my wife is talking on the phone while hauling our boys around...and she couldn't do that if she drove the truck. We're both ticked enough at Honda right now (that's the third time it's been in for more than 10 days waiting for parts, in 65,000 miles...it's good to have a spare vehicle if you're going to own a Honda) to consider selling the van. Maybe we could get an Envoy XL, so I wouldn't feel too bad whichever one I had to drive! Same seating capacity as the van as well. It's too bad the Envoys don't come with manual transmissions!

chuntag95
11-08-2002, 10:18
Colorado Kid,
My wife refuses not to talk on the phone, so I put in a handsfree kit. One of the good ones, not the 19.95 deals. At least she has both hands on the wheel and can look around normally. It's not the perfect solution, but it's better than here holding the pone to her ear.

Sacmandmax,
You are in trouble now. Might as well get a second one with the rebates and stuff going on now. :D

Reno DMAX
11-08-2002, 12:01
Well it looks like she had fun "putting her foot down" on the go pedal. Not it's time for you to put YOUR foot down and say "NO TO THE MOMMY VAN!"

Reno DMAX
11-08-2002, 12:25
sacmandmax,

You're sending over some big rain here. I forgot to lower the setting on the Juice and almost lost it out of the fuel station.

2K2AD
11-08-2002, 14:24
Get her juiced!

DMAXDiva
11-08-2002, 17:42
sacman:

Yep, it's gone now...get yourself another one and be done with it! ;)

If you get her "juiced", she may never come back home...what an adrenaline rush it is to dust a Mustang GT weighing half as much!

It's pretty tough on some guys' egos to be "beat by a GIRL", as I've been told many times...
:D :D :D

SoCalDMAX
11-08-2002, 18:23
It depends on what you're wearing while you're beating on him... oops sorry, wrong thread! :D

Regards, Steve

[ 11-08-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

Mic
11-08-2002, 18:36
Hey "THE MOMMY VAN!" ain't THAT bad if you get cutains for the side windows...hehehehe :D :eek:

[ 11-08-2002: Message edited by: Mic ]</p>

DMAXDiva
11-08-2002, 19:24
Now Steve...I didn't say anything about that black leather bustier', did I? (Cadida..you spoke French!!!)

hdmax(mike)
11-09-2002, 05:17
I don`t really mean to change the subject! BUT,
DMAXDiva; How are things working out for you Girl?

I hope the DMAX is still safe in your care.
Just a concerned DMax owner smile.gif

DMAXDiva
11-09-2002, 05:46
Hi Mike:

I'm doing well...thanks for asking. Yes, the big MAX is still mine! :D :D :D

Matter of fact, I'm thinkin' about getting her a stablemate...I'm going out to test drive a ZO6 vette today, then maybe a Boxster. I REALLY like that M5 Beemer though; decisions, decisions...Now if I could just meet a guy who does'nt get perturbed at me for spending MY MONEY on expensive toys (like my soon-to-be ex :rolleyes: )

3176CATPOWER
11-09-2002, 07:38
Let my wife use the truck to run errands last weekend.She was gone a long time but finally returned,said nothing but had a blank eating grin on her face.She drives her Montana with a lead foot.After reading these posts I am wondering if she had a little fun mashing the peddle on the D-MAX.