PDA

View Full Version : heater not good howard are you out there?

dave p
04-11-2002, 19:31
my heater in the floor position does not blow much air on the passengers feet. it does blow air through the center and passengers defroster, instead of blowing on passengers feet. what has gm done to the heaters? my 98 chevrolet truck had a 100 times better heater in it. we also have cold air coming in on the passengers right foot with the heater on. any suggestions would be apreciated. pulsiphe@voyager.net dave p

mackin
04-11-2002, 19:54
dave p,Mine blows like crazy.? First off there is a bulletin out and a fix from GM on the cold air passenger floor problem. Use the search feature here. Does mine do it? Don't know I'm always driving.LOL I Know the Ole'Lady is always saying she is cold.But she does that every where....So bring it in and have your blower fan and direction due-hickey checked out to make sure its going to the floor not else where....Let us know what happens.
MAC :D :D

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

pontiac_m18
04-11-2002, 20:47
DAVE P, as I posted before, I took mine in & they ordered parts. About 2 days for parts & they keep the "BABY" for the whole day & until 10A.M. the next day. They offered me a loner, but not a truck. They took the dash out to fix the problem & it works great, NOW!! E-mail me if you want anymore details = howard_m18@yahoo.com Howard :D :D :D

LyndaLFromTexas
04-01-2005, 08:32
My heater is doing the same thing as Dave P described. Could anyone else who has had this problem, and gotten it fixed, tell me what was done, and what the service department ordered to fix yours? My warranty is getting ready to run out, and I need to get this fixed. When set to heat, either through "Auto" selection or by manually setting fan speed and temperature, only blows very low power cold air on the feet, and cold air out the defrost vents. If you turn the heat to ALL the way up on auto (past 82, into the red mark at the end of the dial), it will blow hot air, still not at a very high power. At that setting, it will get warm FAST, even though you can't really feel the fan, because it is blowing hot air out the defrost vents. However, you can

01max
04-07-2005, 18:00
i know that 01 and 02 have cabin air filters that dont get changed, and the air flow really changes. just a thought