PDA

View Full Version : Bilsteins

FirstDiesel
11-08-2002, 18:41
Anyone looking for Bilsteins for their 3500?? These guys have them in stock. Took 1 week to get them price was the best I've seen and only 8 bucks shipping too.

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com

GMFAN70
11-11-2002, 09:40
FD

Did you order from their on-line store or by phone? On the phone the guy said they had only fronts for my 2500HD and $65 each. Their on-line store accepted my order for 2 fronts and 2 rears at $50.99 ea. Even sent me a confirmation e-mail. Shipping was $14.88 but I've challenged that.

Waiting to see if they really have them.

hoot
11-11-2002, 09:43
Check out shox.com. Just got a set for the Wifes full size Blazer. They were the only ones that beat all prices. They found the fronts that no one else had. They shipped immediately.

Toddster
11-11-2002, 10:17
Hi FD ! So, how do you like them there Billy's anyway ? I want a full road report on my desk top by tonight ! :D

FirstDiesel
11-11-2002, 17:51
I ordered by phone since I was also ordering shocks for my S10 at the same time. They were the cheapest I saw for the DMax and much cheaper for my S10 than anyone else. They only charged me 8 dollars per truck for the shipping. I haven't gotten them for the S10 yet since the rears are in a container at the port in CA because of the strike.

I honestly can't tell to much difference in the ride over my stock shocks. I only had 8k on them so they weren't in bad shape. I was just being proactive so I wasn't changing them in the middle of our winter. smile.gif

Idle_Chatter
11-11-2002, 19:17
Well, I put my rear Billies from Don's (eshocks.com) on the end of July (fronts were backordered). Made an immediate and VERY noticable change in the rear ride (my stockers were GARBAGE! I couldn't believe how crappy they stroked when I had them off the truck!) The back shocks also showed how soft the stock fronts were, too, because I was having the front "pogo" over bumps and railroad crossings. Weeks stretched into months and no fronts. Maverick and a lot of others started a thread about waiting too long for shocks and then they started getting them. I thought, "great! mine should show up any day." Finally, I called a couple of weeks ago to find out if I had bad breath or something and my "pending" order had gotten cancelled. They were very apologetic and my new fronts were here in a day or two. Not only is the truck more stable and solid, but my steering had begun to feel a bit wishy-washy and the front Billies have tightened that right back up! The front stock shocks had a bit more to them than the worthless rears, but the Bilsteins are the best!