PDA

View Full Version : Hey MDRAG.. A Mod you don't have yet! Denali Driver Information Center Install.

chane
04-12-2002, 08:01
http://forums.pickuptruck.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB11&Number=66242&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all

Some guys where wondering if it would work on a dmax and I figured you would be the guy to try it first.

I added the install info under info/tech on my website.

GMC D-Max
04-12-2002, 08:25
I gotta have one! I was just in my local dealer the other day, scoping out the info center in the new Denali pickup, wondering if it could be adapted to the D-max. I'll be watching over at that "other" board for a while to see if someone pulls it off. That blank cover in the console definitely needs something like this to spruce it up. Otherwise, I'm gonna look for some decent digital gauges for boost and EGT to place there.

sonofagun
04-12-2002, 08:35
Jason at jpcustoms.com is working up a kit for us. Be prepared with a big check book balance. Computer cost alone is around $400. I want one but will wait a while to see what the total cost is going to be.

Bob

mdrag
04-12-2002, 10:23
chane,

Nice website!!! That is a good idea for that blank space. Looking at your pics, I wonder if that information could be used against you by a LEO...MON 8 APR 02 81 MPH 85 MILES... :D ;)

I haven't decided what to put in that space - I have a few ideas including more gauges...

I do have a question for you - the one pic shows GALS of fuel remaining. Since I have installed a larger 56 gal replacement tank, is there a way to program in your fuel tank capacity, or is this information provided to the info center from your trucks computer? My guess is that I'd be stuck using the 34 gal stock capacity info...

chane
04-12-2002, 10:44
I'm not sure how it would work w/your tank.. I will probably wait until JPCustoms has an install kit for mine.. The guy who installed it is in the post above.

Hgsdons's Website - http://www.falkenfoto.com/1500hd

He also has a comlete Denali conversion on his 1500HD CC!

The information is already there, I bet the dealership could tell you all about your driving habits.. OnStar can get the info. How could it be used against you? Just don't offer the info to the officer when you get puller over. smile.gif

INDI-GO
04-12-2002, 18:17
Also look in the new Blazer. My cousin's new Blazer LS (and its not even a Trail Blazer) has the info center in the blank spot in the overhead console. That overhead is almost identical to the one in my Crew Cab but hers goes farther back and has lights for the rear seat built into it.
Plus it has a builtin garage door opener that is programable for 3 doors.

The info center gives all the standard info.