PDA

View Full Version : 03' Canadian owners-Light ?

Maverick
11-08-2002, 23:30
Just wondering if GM's new light switch allows you to turn your lights off at night without shutting the truck off, depressing the park brake and restarting? I know on the 01'-02' you can't turn your lights off at night with the light switch. Just wondering if they decided to give you more control of your lights.

ccds
11-08-2002, 23:59
Hey Maverick:

My 2003 has an extra setting on the switch to shut the Daytime Running Lamps and the automatic headlamps off without going through the old lights off drill as you described.

smile.gif

chevmeister
11-09-2002, 08:01
My 2002 if you cycle the dome switch 4 times off-on off-on then the headlights go off. Good thing to know. Some one on here said something about it. Once you override the auto, or DRL then you can use the switch as normal.

Onebigcanuck
11-09-2002, 08:56
My 2003 has a postition on the light swithch that says off but it will not switch to it. It feels like is is spring loaded and returns to the Auto postition when you try to switch it off. ???

Bobcat698
11-09-2002, 09:43
About the spring loaded thing, it is spring loaded, but once you turn it to the off setting & then it springs back to the auto setting, your lights are off until you restart the truck.

Maverick
11-09-2002, 22:39
Well at least it sounds like you now have some control at night.

Chevmeister,
On a Canadian spec truck you cannot override your lights by pushing the dome 4 times. This only works on US spec trucks. This is why I asked the question to see if the General was more forgiving in 03'.

Thanks

rberner
11-10-2002, 07:28
Not to hammer on anyone but I am always amazed how many post here on the forum could be answered if people would read their manuals. It's real important when you need the procedure such as setting the door locks or security on the radio or resetting the change oil light. Just my 2 cents worth.

DmaxMaverick
11-10-2002, 08:00
Manual???

You got a manual?

All I got is some little book in the glove box that starts out, "Once upon a time...."

They put those things there for girls. Just like road maps, and assembly instructions at Christmas time.

chevmeister
11-10-2002, 14:57
oops I guess I should have kept that little book then....
rberner
Maybe we could read the manual but then what we we dicuss on here??

letsgo
11-11-2002, 07:25
To put things in perspective They had to give you some kind of manual for $50000. besides that book doesn apply north of the border, for example pushing the dome button 3 times doesnt turn any lights OFF , must be the north pole effect.

good luck