PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exhaust - gotta ask

INDI-GO
04-12-2002, 18:45
Question is: What ever happened to true dual exhaust? My 73 GMC had factory duals as did the 86 3/4 454 Chevy CC.

I know the added cost would be a factor and frame design, but what else?

Flyboy
04-12-2002, 19:34
You would need dual turbos for true dual exhaust on our DMax's

JustWondering
04-14-2002, 01:14
Hey guys,
Newbie here, JustWondering...have you tried ATS?
Their dual exhaust system looks and sounds great and I think they make one to fit the Duramax!

mackin
04-14-2002, 11:29
JustWondering,

Welcome.....That exhaust is pricey @ $900 pre shipping .......WOW!!!!!!
MAC :D :D

JustWondering
04-14-2002, 22:46
Thanks mackin,
I think it is a little pricier than that...closer to $1,300 :eek:

mackin
04-15-2002, 09:50
ATS update received an E-MAIL:

Good Morning Allen,

Thank you for inquiring on the 4" stainless steel exhaust system. The
exhaust system is $695.00 plus shipping and handling. Its available to
be shipped out. Just waiting for your order or phone call. I can send
you out a brochure if I could get your mailing address. The sound on
the internet I'm sorry to say is the Ford at the beginning of the
opening the site up. I think if you went to Chevrolet there is a buttom
you can hear the 6.6 exhaust. Hope to hear from you soon.

Deanna
Advanced Turbo Systems.

PUTS IT RIGHT INTO CONTENTION IN MY BOOK WITH THE BANKS GOT TO HEAR THEM BOTH.......THE BEST THING IS SHE IS ALREADY SORRY I HAVE TO LISTEN TO A FORD.THAT MAKES ME WANT TO CALL HER RIGHT NOW........
MAC
:D :D :D

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

trailguide2u
04-15-2002, 17:05
[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: trailguide2u ]</p>

mackin
04-15-2002, 19:39
trailguide2u ,

Sorry it is not dual exhaust........Just anouther choice of systems......No one makes one that I know off.There isn't a demand for dual exhaust on a diesel...Like it's been said for a true dual you would need two turbos. It would be for looks . If you really wanted one get a single system from a company (some one hear has it) with a dual outlet muffler, and get an additional tail pipe made,from a custom shop, and bring it out the other side......probably for less than $75.....
MAC :D

http://www.atsturbo.com/

JustWondering
04-15-2002, 19:42
mackin,
You must be one smooth talker with them ladies...
The price listed in their website for the dual exhaust is $1,295 and $895 for their single exhaust.
Keep butterin 'er up...maybe she'll drop the price a little more? :cool:

INDI-GO
04-16-2002, 10:19
Thanks for all the info Guys!

mackin
04-16-2002, 15:43
JustWondering ,

Talk is cheap. LOL Might have to pay her a visit.......LOL :D :D Hope she's cute.Other wise it gonna cost you.... :D

I see the dual for the D-MAX now.... I got to get a price .HUH?
MAC :D

[ 04-16-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

JustWondering
04-16-2002, 20:02
mackin,
you need to "sacrifice" yourself for everyone that may want a dual exhaust in their rig.
We will know how well you "performed" by keeping a close eye on the exhaust prices @ ATS.
If Deanna drops the prices, you will be a hero and an icon amongst the newbies @ the DP
But if Deanna raises the prices... :rolleyes:

James S
06-28-2003, 17:41
Hey There,

I must say, I just got the ATS dual on my crew cab long box four by four, and it ROCKS!!!!! It is vary quiet at idle, but when you hammer it, the person behind you will be in for a wake up call. LOL! It gives at least twenty to twenty-five more horse power [the web site said thirty-two horse power increase, but I am guessing, twenty-two], and probably about thirty-five to fourty more foot pounds of torque. It is a vary noticeable increase, and my zero to sixty times stock were 8.8 seconds, and now with the ATS exhaust, Stanidyn performance aditive, and Amsoil high performance air filter, are now, amazingly 8.2 seconds! No joke, 8.2 seconds from zero to sixty! Factor in the leer 122 canopy, two wheel-well tool boxes which are always full, and 265/75 R16 Michelin all-terrains, and this truck rocks!! Go for the ATS! In the cab, there is a hint of a rumble at highway speed of sixty-five, but it is vary civil, and doesn't interfere with people talking in the back seat. Just thought I'd let you know.

James