PDA

View Full Version : Integrated trailer brake controller

GMC Driver
12-14-2004, 17:12
Newbie has another question.

A buddy just got an 05 Ford F350 PSD (I tried), and he was showing it off. It had the new Tow-Command feature, which I found to be a nice touch. Anyone know if GM is planning on offering something similar in the near future?

More Power
12-15-2004, 06:28
I haven't heard anything about a factory GM brake controller, but if Ford's controller becomes a popular option, both GM & Dodge would likely follow suit.

MP

WillowCreekStable
12-15-2004, 09:45
Seems like a no brainer to include it. These things are built for towing, they should all have them.

And welcome GMC Driver! And how are things in the metropolis of Wainfleet? :D :D

GMC Driver
12-15-2004, 15:47
Someone who knows Wainfleet - unreal! Things are alright. Where abouts you located?

WillowCreekStable
12-16-2004, 07:17
Live in Fort Dreary, work in Stoney Creek.
I seem to spend a lot of money at Berg's,
and I came home with a load of pigmy goats from the 'Odd and Unusual Sale" a few years back.......but that's another forum! smile.gif smile.gif

GMC Driver
12-18-2004, 11:41
A Wainfleet forum? Not what I had in mind when I signed up here. There would be no shortage of pointless BS though.

I'm not a true Fleeter, but my wife is. Now that we run a business here, I enjoy the area. We service as far as Ridgeway (plow The Beer Store), so maybe we'll bump in to ya. Maybe at Berg's.

WillowCreekStable
12-19-2004, 10:06
Ha! The Ridgeway beer store! My mother lives a few doors away from there on Disher Street.

Next time it snows I'll keep an eye out for you!

jwlbal
12-26-2004, 19:03
Originally posted by WillowCreekStable:
Seems like a no brainer to include it. These things are built for towing, they should all have them.
:D :D You're right, these things are built for towing! Sometimes I wonder if everyone at GM got that memo; there needs to be an option of something better than the 26 gallon fuel tank! A wide angle spot on the towing mirrors would be a nice touch. Of course the integrated brake controller. Did I mention a bigger fuel tank?

dcalex
12-27-2004, 13:04
You're right, these things are built for towing! Sometimes I wonder if everyone at GM got that memoYou know, I think they got the memo alright, but it said something like this...
"Okay fella's.....we're now going to start making a truck that will capture the urban dad's out there. It has to be stylish, racy, and turn heads. If we have to make a few sacrifices in the "truck" aspects to do this, we will. This is just too big a market to loose our share. Remember, the average urban guy, goes to the dump a few times a year, tows a 16' boat a few times a year, and the rest of the year he drives his truck as a sedan.....now get out there and go to work."
Unfortunate, but I think true if you look at most of the design and marketing decisions that are being made. Don't get me wrong....I like a nice, stylish, comfortable truck too.....but not at the cost of the original intent of a truck......to work.