PDA

View Full Version : 2003 HD's Pictures?

DieselJames
04-12-2002, 19:52
Does anybody have any pictures or information how the '03 HD's will look compared to the 1/2 tons seen at the auto shows. GM will still have to raise the body on the HD's, so I am assuming that they will look different?

tmg115
04-12-2002, 20:02
ok here is the deal. i here from people on here that the HD's will not be changed. but in truck trend they say the HD's will have the new look.

Maverick
04-12-2002, 20:55
Ok, here is the deal off of GMmedia.com.

Read all most to the bottom. Sad news. The following is a quote and is from GM himself.

"Also redesigned for 2003 is Silverado’s instrument panel cluster. The new faceplate and graphics provide more crucial operating data than any competitor, and place the data directly in front of the driver for safe, easy viewing.

The center bottom of the instrument panel cluster provides a standard new driver information center that is shared by all the pickups/chassis cabs. The driver information center displays the odometer and provides an easy-to-read, one-line, 22-character vacuum fluorescent display of driver alerts.

Silverado’s new exterior and interior design will be featured on all 2003 models: 1500, 1500HD, 2500 and 2500HD/3500 Series.

“These new features and enhancements to the 2003 Silverado combined with its impressive power, towing capacity and high level of refinement will set the benchmark even higher,” said Scheidt. “They all come together with style in the new 2003 Silverado.” "

:( :( :(

Evan A. Beck
04-14-2002, 14:33
Here's some pics of both the GMC and Chev... THe GMC looks pretty good, but the Chev looks kinda stupid... JMO...

GMC:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/2002/chicago/gmc.sierra.f3-4.500.jpg

Chevy:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/2002/chicago/chevy.silverado.f3-4.500.jpg

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2003/images/ch2003silveradohd02.jpg

***Why can't I make these into live links???

[ 04-14-2002: Message edited by: Evan A. Beck ]</p>

Breck
04-14-2002, 15:42
Holy Avalanche Bat Man, the new HD's are going to look like the Avalanche/Aztec mistakes. I thought Lutz was at GM now and would help supervise the kindergartner design team?

I thought that maybe after some time the Avalanche and Aztec might "grow" a little bit on me; it hasn't happened yet! I like the current HD's much better.

It seems, here in MI, the only ones driving (maybe forced to drive?) the Aztec and Avalanche are GM employees?
smile.gif

tmg115
04-14-2002, 18:32
the GMC dosn't look half as$ bad. but the chevy on the other hand...

Dmax son
04-14-2002, 23:38
I guess out here in california is what sets the trend. I mean where I live I see the avalanche all over the place. I think if they put some beefy fender flares on the trucks and wider tires they wouldn't look so bad. the big problem I have is I can't get over the mass amount of plastic, and the tall rear tailgate. Maybe if they put the taller hoods of the now 2500hd/3500hd with those headlights, it wouldn't look so bad.

Bryan

NickLeinonen
04-15-2002, 04:25
the gmc i like so far, but i think the chevy will grow on me. now, if gm offered a sport package that body colored the front grill [no chrome..] and body colored all the plastic, then it could be ok. just like on the avalanche, it's not the greatest looker, but the caddy version with all body panels the same color, looks better....

01_Duramax_Dually
04-15-2002, 08:45
Well the Chevrolet will take sometime to grow on people. I personally like the current design, but GM probably feels like "Hey, 1 mold to do all trucks".

The GMC looks best with the upgrades, however I am a Chevy guy and the GMC grill does not appeal to me.

So it appears us 01/02 and some early 03 trucks will be collector items and heavily sought after.... :D since the general public's opinion is not positive.

I also noticed...They still have not hired an exterior Mirror engineer as we have requested... ;) I just do not understand...What's the guys name over at Ford...? Just offer him some cash, he will jump ship.....Geeeez how hard can it be...

Jeff

Chevy Ryan
04-15-2002, 14:23
I still haven't seen any pictures of the 2500HD/3500 models. I know, I know, the sheet metal is the same. But with fender flares, higher ride height and 8-bolt wheels, it will look quite different.

Kent Tuttle
04-16-2002, 10:48
I'm glad I bought an '02. If I wanted an Avalanche I would have bought one. I think GM is making a mistake messing with the Chevy so soon. Like Jeff said I guess I will have a collector's item :D