PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Case

tonyskidoo
12-17-2004, 05:51
Has anyone rebuilt a #263 Transfer Case, mine bangs real bad when put into 4 wheel drive. The dealer told me its the syncro's that are bad, or any info on getting a new one or rebuilt that dont cost over $1000.00.
Thank
Tony

More Power
12-17-2004, 18:38
Is this something that gradually worsened over time, or just suddenly appeared? Is the fluid level OK?

How many miles are on the truck, and how many of those miles were in 4WD? In other words, how much was the transfer case used...

This guy (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000263) had a transfer case for sale at $900.

MP

tonyskidoo
12-19-2004, 04:43
It happened all at once without warning, the fluid is fine and has gotten changed on a normal basis. Its not one of the ones that you hear about that have leaks or anything like that, I have 88 thousand miles on the truck and about 10 thousand of them are 4 wheel drives miles in winter weather no off roading at all. The transfer case works ok and shifts in 4 wheel drive as long as you do it under 5 mph it wont bang or sound like it is going to fall out.