PDA

View Full Version : Are these injectors good?

taznj63
04-03-2004, 20:37
I was searching E-bay and found these NEW Bosch injectors and wanted to know if any one has seen or used these?
I have 145K on factory units and am looking for some new ones.
What is the difference between these and high pop units? Are high pops worth the extra $$$?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33554&item=2471610429&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

Thanks...

S\W Off Road
04-04-2004, 06:15
I bought some from these folks and am very happy with them. No core charge and yes they are new in the box. You can call them on the phone and they are very helpful. Also don't for get to buy the install kit, about $25.00 and they can ship it at the same time. If you don't have the scocket you can get one at AutoZone for a few bucks they are used for Chevy axles? And while at the parts store pick up some antiseze for the threds on your new injectors. Good luck, Mike

tom.mcinerney
04-04-2004, 07:03
DO get a full set of 8 wherever....Compare with Gomer's/US Diesel [TDP advertiser].

tloomis
04-04-2004, 14:58
Food for thought on the Hi Pop Injectors. Yes they are better because they open at a higher pressure and you get better atomization of the fuel. This gives you a more effecient burn of the fuel plus some increase in power. Now the cons they cost quiet abit more and if your injection pump has the same number of miles it is most likely getting week. The increased pressure demand will send it to its grave much sooner. So what I'm saying is if the pump is old you will want to replace it too. I just don't know that the power increase is worth the money. Just my thoughts.