PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Spring Noise

Paintdude
11-11-2002, 20:29
I just noticed today a noise in the left rear of my truck especially when turning slow over terrain..When I parked it I would rock the truck from the left rear wheel opening and the leaf spring is squeaking-clicking in front of the wheel by the fuel tank..I put my hand on it (the strap around the springs) and can feel the vibration-noise and hear it plane as day..

anyone else have this? What did you do to remedy it? Just spray lube on it? Silicon spray?

I have never overloaded the truck, this just showed up today for no real reason..Strange and very annoying...

Thanks in advance....

Green
11-11-2002, 21:37
It could be the same thing as my 01 had, it was the plastic type washer that is between the main springs and overload, on mine they just disappeared. The service tech jacked up the rear of the truck and installed what looked like large rubber o-rings he rolled them over the overload leaf and it has worked for 53,000 miles and 20 months now, just my idea.

[ 11-11-2002: Message edited by: Green ]</p>

JHoff
11-12-2002, 02:47
Check out post titled "Rear end spring rattle" dated 11-01-02. This post will give you the part number for the bands to replace the disk style bumpers. I had the disks replaced on the bottom springs, all four were missing and the new ones fell out within 500 miles. Dealer had to order two new springs just to get the pads, but the part #s for the pads are in this post.
Joe

JEBar
11-12-2002, 04:45
first repair that had to be done to my truck was the addition of the above mentioned spring washers/rubbers .... has worked well for about 25,000 miles... Jim

JimWilson
11-13-2002, 18:06
Mine have been on for about 5K now. Huge difference -- well worth it...